1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Target Two Country for a Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by happykahlon, Jul 4, 2016.

Hello All,

I have a query, my client needs to targeted two country for www.pixelaura.com website (India & Canada), also targeted keywords is based on both location India and Canada. But i have a little bit confusion, should i stuff both keywords in Meta Title as well as Meta Description. Client's main priority is Canada. Please give a suitable answer which can help me.

happykahlon, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If the main priority is Canada, the main site can be in English, than you can translate the content for Indian visitors, and include these pages in a sub-folder on the same domain name.

dcristo, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  3. happykahlon

happykahlon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is no need to translate the content, because website in English also keywords. Please let me know only how to target and how to stuff in Meta.

4. Callumm

Callumm Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't see why not. just stuff the keywords wherever you can, from content to on-page texts and descriptions.

Callumm, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  5. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that the main language should be English.

jv1999, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Before you worry about "stuffing" keywords anywhere get your main copy sorted. It's atrocious.

upload_2016-7-5_14-59-59.png
    I'd tend to leave the home page "clean" and untainted and have landing pages specifically for those countries.

sarahk, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are offering digital marketing services which includes SEO and I'm wondering you didn't even know what to do for your client's needs. I'm sad because you are accepting projects from clients and relying on other people to do the job for you.

KylieSweet, Jul 4, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  8. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Can you say you're surprised. People who just learn what SEO stands for think they are SEOs overnight.

dcristo, Jul 4, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And the first thing you'd tell anyone looking to sign up with a company is to avoid those that talk about "stuffing keywords"
    Will be interesting to see if this thread turns up for folk doing their due diligence on pixelaura

upload_2016-7-5_15-52-4.png
    I imagine giving the correct link in your social media promotion would be one of the mistakes to avoid

sarahk, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hahaha Sarah you crack me up. Is this the year 2000? :p

dcristo, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  11. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    you can setup this type of page for targeting canada pixelaura.com/ca

seoaceindia, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  12. happykahlon

happykahlon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for your suggestion

13. maninder_SEO

maninder_SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    google has a different search engine for india and canada.if you want to optimize your website in canada then you have to choose google.ca and otherwise google.co.in.you have to start local SEO for canada search engine.

maninder_SEO, Jul 5, 2016 IP
  14. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Before answering, I would like to ask a query. When you are (or your client is) into SEO services then why you are limiting yourself to India and Canada?
    When we need to target the same website for 2 or more countries, then to get the best results, we should install following things --
    1. Have physical addresses of both locations (or all locations/countries). This is to do local SEO (Google business, geo meta, local promotions, WMT settings etc) which is very effective.
    2. Keep your head-office in one location (show it on your website), and your website (whole) should reflect that location in prominence.
    3. Make few pages (a kind of mini-site with all important pages like services, plans, contact, about etc.) inside your main website for other locations.
    4. The informative pages like blogs should give link to the service pages in the context with location. Eg- Our India SEO Team follow this culture and our Canada SEO Team follow that culture.
    5. While building links, make sure to link correct location pages. For example- Indian business directories should point to India SEO service pages, and Canadian directories should link to Canada version.
    6. While doing SMM, make connections according to the target location and show them pages of their own location.
    In Conclusion... We need to completely separate the locations in Content, Social Media promotion as well as in Links.
    Hope, it helps.

Mr_Kumar, Jul 5, 2016 IP
    happykahlon likes this.