1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reaching out to "all" that like our page

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by InValhalla, Jun 5, 2016.

Disclaimer: I'm a newb at this, but looking to learn!

So, I have a business in a relatively small niche market and have almost 1000 likes on our page. When I put a post on our page, it shows 80 people reached, 175 people reached, 120 people reached, or 225 people reached, never anywhere close to the number of likes that we have.

I understand that FB users come and go, but do I have to boost a post to get a higher number of people that like our page to see the posting? Does FB somehow limit the number of people that see the post.... even though they like the page?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

IV

InValhalla, Jun 5, 2016 IP
  2. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is called facebook edgerank, its the algorithm that Facebook uses to determine what things will be shown to people on their timelines, pages reach are limited by that algorithm, so its virtually impossible to get to all of them, even if you build content that generates a incredible level of engagement that boosts your reach it will be never shown to every single user.
    The only way to get all of them is to boost the post with ads, and even that will not guarantee a 100% reach.

David G. Welch, Jul 2, 2016 IP
    jv1999 likes this.
  3. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great thorough explanation.

jv1999, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can't assume everyone that likes your page will see your page update. I know some people live on FB but some people have lives ya know lol. Even if they are on FB the day of the update there is no guarantee they will see what you have posted. Realistically you shouldn't expect to get anywhere close to 100% reach.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    dcristo, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  5. Michel Gerard

Michel Gerard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's a great explanation.

I can add that the reach is around 2-3% of the likes you have per update. If you have few post per day it the reach can be higher while if you have many updates it can be lower. If you try using a video, or slideshow, you will see that you reach is greater than using an image or just text.

If you have an important update you want your fans to see, you should boost the post from the Ad Manager. You can also target non-fans, which will bring you new people to discover your post and page.

Michel Gerard, Jul 2, 2016 IP
    David G. Welch and dcristo like this.
  6. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly!, video and slideshows are the content that Facebook is trying to boost, so if you use them (specially videos uploaded directly to Facebook) they can help to expand your reach.

David G. Welch, Jul 4, 2016 IP