1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Useful online courses for newcomers/entry-level ppl (preferably free)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LastMandDown, Jul 1, 2016.

Hello Everyone,

It seems that you need a lot of different skills and a wast amount of knowledge to be successful on the long run in the marketing (online+offline) world. I'm pretty much a newcomer to the online scene (I have some "offline" marketing knowledge, but only scarce experience), and I found that besides reading and following some really-really well written guides and how-to articles the online courses were the most important part of my self-education process.

I would like to share some courses that I found/find really useful, and also would like to ask for your advice regarding other courses, that can give additional information or are better structured, more informative than the ones I know.

First there are some Coursera products/courses that can be watched for free (but you need to pay if you want a certificate):
    1. Fundamentals of Management from by University of California, Irvine (link)
    2. Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania (link)
    3. Introduction to Search Engine Optimization by University of California, Davis (link)

And one about digital marketing, that is kind of indie stuff from a guy who has a lot of digital marketing ans SMM related vids on youtube: Viral Hack (the course is quite long but is pretty much beginner friendly and gives well structured information, so I decided to stick with it)(link)

Any other suggestions?

LastMandDown, Jul 1, 2016 IP
  2. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. I didn't even know SEO was an actual academic thing.

I thought it was a "slum" term. Unofficial thingy :p. You know? But so they have official courses and degrees for it huh? Sad. You can learn all of SEO from 48 hours of searching online... reading articles.

jv1999, Jul 1, 2016 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    One will have to pay me to take SEO courses. That's the area of expertise that smells like scam or at least comes across as wishy-washy. Almost in everything else if you know the basics you can apply them and get expected results. With SEO you can do everything by the book and still end up with nothing.

qwikad.com, Jul 1, 2016 IP
  4. cafecommk

cafecommk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why I can't see any of your links?

cafecommk, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  5. LastMandDown

LastMandDown Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the links I added were removed automatically, because I'm a new user. I could try to post them again, or send them to you by PM, but I don't want to get kicked, so maybe you can just google them. You should find them by the titles, or maybe by something like "Fundamentals of Management Coursera course" or "Viral Hack free online course". Let us hope I'm not forcing my boundaries with this comment.

LastMandDown, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  6. Eloy Rodriguez

Eloy Rodriguez Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is a bit tricky thing :)

Eloy Rodriguez, Jul 3, 2016 IP
  7. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have never used Coursera but Khan Academy is a good one. But remember most of the free stuff are not up to date so, and for Digital marketing you need the most up to date information you can get your hands on.

Mehdi.b, Jul 6, 2016 IP