1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ISRO Launched 20 Satellites Including 17 Foreign satellites - Proud Moment for India

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by APriyaG, Jun 22, 2016.

On Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization has Launched 20 Satellites Including 17 Foreign satellites in a Single Mission - Proud Moment for India. It is one of the biggest Accomplishment of ISRO

Source : Apglitz.com

APriyaG, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  2. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    yes really proud moment for india.

seoaceindia, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, I wonder how many of those things, including debris, are up in orbit? And who controls where things go and when? This is certainly a great technical achievement and I don't want to take away from it, but it must be getting a bit crowded up there. :)

jrbiz, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  4. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Meanwhile, NASA shut down our space program lol.

How do people get satellites in orbit btw? Lots of private companies have satellites, does that mean space tech is accessible to anyone? I honestly thought it was a government thing.

jv1999, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I just know that there is this bright young kid out there, who when he grows up will create the mother of all space salvage companies. He will then clean up in more ways than one, and become filthy rich in the process.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 24, 2016 IP
    sarahk, jrbiz and jv1999 like this.
  6. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They do this in some movies!
    It's a good business. All those spare parts are worth a lot.
    Mining near asteroids is good too.

jv1999, Jun 24, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, NASA would have preferred to ramp up the space program, not shut it down; it was Obama (and others before him) who have trimmed their wings. I was on a domestic flight about 10 years ago and sat next to a NASA lobbyist who was headed to Washington DC to make the case for more funding. He was complaining how little respect and recognition the politicians had for the benefits of the space program which go beyond exploration for exploration's sake and positively impact business in many ways.

I think that the SpaceX Corporation has already tried (and may have succeeded) to put commercial satellites into orbit, but my understanding is that private companies that want satellites in orbit typically pay various governments to put them up there for them.

Actually, my understanding is that the low hanging mining fruit is Hydrogen3 on the Moon. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
    jrbiz, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  8. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know, I have a theory about that. But it's pretty conspiracy-y-y-y.

We flew to the moon right? BUT WE NEVER WENT BACK or sent rovers. Yet we're sending rovers to far away mars. We're even planning a human mars trip.

Why is that? We're talking about going to the moon at the tail end of 1979 when computers were as big as rooms. Then we were all like: "nope. not touching that again." We didn't even do anything on the moon. We didn't explore, we didn't mine. We came there, set up a flag, left.

I got curious when I found out about this, so I looked it up. Buzz and the others said they saw aliens and were warned never to go up there again. Not sure how credible that is... but there interview excerpts are always so vague, it's like they don't want to say there are aliens or not.

Anyway, yeah it's just WEIRD af that we haven't gone back to the moon or even tried to send rovers. China's the latest one to land a rover there

jv1999, Jun 24, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I just saw a show on TV that was making the same case based upon NASA pictures of the Moon shot from the orbiter, mysteriously shut down radio transmissions from astronauts walking on the moon and other such events. It is certainly fun to think about.

But you do make an interesting point as to why we decided to ignore the Moon in favor of Mars? Was it because we had been there, done that and gotten the tee shirt? Or was it more insidious, as you may be suggesting?

jrbiz, Jun 24, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^^ No Aliens on the Moon.. Sorry ! :p
    There are aliens but not in our Solar System or even Galaxy.. But there are surely in other galaxies in this massive never ending universe.

Digital_shubhi, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  11. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's the thing! WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHNING ON THE MOON PERIOD. We certainly didn't explore it in full, we didn't even do any digging. I think the most we did was collect a few moonstones... and that was that!

We didn't send any scientific probes to test the soil or measure or anything, despite all the rovers that went to Mars (WAY FURTHER AWAY) that collected samples and did tests.

It boggles me. I hope the reason isn't that we didn't even go to the moon in the first place -_-.

I think the results of China's rover on the moon will be interesting. Let's see if it mysteriously disappears (both physically and from the news too!)

jv1999, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I did not see the first moon walk live as I was in Europe on vacation with my parents and we had gone to bed when Neil Armstrong stepped out. I did see the clip on the morning news a few hours after it happened.

I do know one of the engineers who worked on the Lunar Landing Module and later went on to become CTO of a major defense corporation. He took great pride in his NASA efforts and the success it did have on the Moon. I find it hard to believe that he could be fooled or coerced into lying about the moon landing events.

I never did ask him about aliens, however. :)

jrbiz, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Actually they did spot one alien. A certain Michael Jackson who was doing a moonwalk.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 25, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    One of the overlooked facts is there's a ton of radiation in space (anywhere where there's no atmosphere) that can be deadly to humans. The moon isn't an exception. They set the precedent (we landed on the Moon!!), but the scientists also realize that nobody can stay on it for longer than a couple hours, otherwise the consequences can be dire. That also speaks against any alien life on the Moon or even Mars. Too much radiation. Nothing can survive on either of those planets except for a short period of time.

qwikad.com, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that is probably true for carbon-based lifeforms which is all that we know at this time. However, it is not inconceivable that another life form, based on a different building block element, could thrive on forms of radiation that are deadly to us. Note that the Sun's energy/warmth, is a form of "radiation" that we carbon-centric life forms need once the bad bits have been filtered out by our magnetic shield and atmosphere. :)

jrbiz, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  16. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True. Even some animals / plants can survive a nuclear holocaust here on earth. Here we are talking about a continuous onslaught of all sorts of radiation coming not just from the sun, but from all over the space. Also take into consideration the fact the Moon is still being constantly pounded by meteorites. Whatever life form can survive that (and exist as a functioning civilization) should be treated like gods by us.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    qwikad.com, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about this discussion and recalled hearing something years ago about certain carbon lifeforms, that had withstood the vacuum of space, the low temperature and the radiation. Tardigrades were what I was thinking about:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/n...mals-to-survive-vacuum-of-space/#.V5vdxv_6vIV

jrbiz, Jul 29, 2016 IP