1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weebly tickles my Porcupine (big brown beaver)

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Epochinspections, Apr 20, 2016.

Howdy, I'm new to web design.

Is there really no way to get access to upload to root directory of my website hosted through Weebly? Many nice perks seem to ask for items to be uploaded to my root, but I've been told no, no, no.

Thanx

Solved! View solution.
    Epochinspections, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do Weebly's support people say?

gary

kk5st, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    When you say "root", do you mean the "root" as in the actual folder where your files for your website live? If you do, that should be accessible. If you're _actually_ talking about the root folder, there is _no way_ you'll need to run ANYTHING from there, and it's 99.99% sure that you won't get access to it. What are these "perks" you're talking about? Are you talking about plugins, or what? (No first-hand experience with Weebly, so perks might be something Weebly-specific, I'm just wondering what exactly are you trying to do)

PoPSiCLe, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You won't get access with shared hosting either.

sarahk, Apr 20, 2016 IP
    Weebly doesn't let you control but two things, and Jack left town. It is to web design what taking the bus is to learning to drive a car.

At BEST it's a goofy toy for making a blog for grandma nobody will actually care about, at worst it's scam artist bullshit preying on the ignorance of people who don't realize what it REALLY takes to make a successful website.

It is built for people who don't give a shit about learning, and just want to sleaze things out any-old-way... that is why it is locked down so you can't do a damned thing with it other than what they authorize or have built in!

deathshadow, Apr 21, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. Epochinspections

Epochinspections Member

Best Answers:
    Suppose it's too late to migrate to Wordpress. Maybe I'll start from scratch next time even though it will take my numb skull eons to figure everything out on my own!!! Cheers!!!

Epochinspections, Jun 22, 2016 IP