1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling CD KEY CHEST - Online Digital Video Game Distributer Business

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Rubber Band Man, Jun 8, 2016.

Why am I getting rid of this website/domain:
    -Moving out of the game field into website development, can't play/sell games all day anymore.

I'd be glad to help you initially understand the system once you've purchased it, it's pretty simple and I rolled it myself using the Drupal CMS.

Extra information:
    -Wholesaler's inventory provides required stock of over 1200+ games. You will inherit the wholesaler account once you own the domain/website.
    -Never had ads( Google AdSense) on the site since they would only take away customers and give lower payout.

Social accounts:
    -Facebook/Twitter accounts will be handed over.

How long does it take to manage:
    -Updating the stock only takes a few minutes to upload the new database.csv, as for sending games you have 2 options, sending via email via keys(not recommended) and or sending through physical mail (recommended). Managing orders depends on the amount of orders you receive.

Maintenance:
    -Keeping website (Drupal 7.43) up to date with self updating software is a breeze.
    -Updating the database.csv file automatically labels products as out of stock or in stock and disabled/enabled purchasing respectively.

-If you wanted to you could upload images and descriptions for the games. I've taken the time to upload at least images for the most popular and hot selling games.

Within the first couple months of selling (May 1st - June 30 on Ebay alone I've grossed over $800.00USD($863.34).

Upkeep:
    -The only real costs to you would be the SSL certificate and the hosting fee which is relatively cheap ($5-$6/mo shared hosting) OR it'd be recommended to run on a dedicated server which could cost as low as $24/mo.

Rubber Band Man, Jun 8, 2016 IP
  2. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You selling the Game Keys on eBay and this site used just to get wholesale Game CD key account?

jaguar34, Jun 9, 2016 IP
  3. ask2talk

ask2talk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 8
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 2
    can you send me the screenshots of revenue proof and analytics ?

ask2talk, Jun 12, 2016 IP
  4. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You selling the Game Keys on eBay and the site has not much role to play?

jaguar34, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  5. Rubber Band Man

Rubber Band Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello I'll try to answer all your questions.

The same keys listed on Ebay are from the same source as the website.
    Obviously Ebay is driving more traffic to the games then the website itself as the website is only 2 months old. I'm not an SEO guru btw.

I'll attach Ebay's Terapeak Inc analytic data for you since the Google analytic data is already displayed on the listing. This is From May 11th through June 3rd, you can tell where I paused the listings where the revenue drops down to 0$... the revenue stops because I paused all the game listings (Only about 9 listings) while the domain is being sold off.

I'll also include the listing image templates and game images for listings along with all the website files & images.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Rubber Band Man, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  6. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    why you selling a system generating over $200 in 2 months for $100? And how much it cost for eBay Listings? Is eBay account included?

jaguar34, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  7. Rubber Band Man

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your questions answered

1. I'm selling this system because at this point I do not want to deal with the hassle of digital sales. I'm a full time parent/web developer and this was a side operation I picked up on a whim. I do not want to deal with the extra involvement with my already full plate, I enjoyed making the website, learning new methods of achieving things doing so but I simply do not have the resources to keep a system like this going. I know when my plate is full. I originally had the site listed at $450 and lowered it to $100 FYI. I can't find a good system for keeping things in order here.

Ebay listing fees are well explained on the Ebay website, here's the link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

The Ebay account is not included.

Rubber Band Man, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  8. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you help get everything set up as far as hosting and SSL? I am interested in purchasing, but may need a little guidance getting everything set up.

funmom91, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  9. Rubber Band Man

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I suppose I can help where I feel I can be of help. Honestly I'm not to savvy with SSL but I've managed to get multiple SSL certs installed just fine. It's really not to hard.

Basically if it's related to the website itself and the content/management of the website sure I'd be glad to help you understand.

If it's something outside of the website (SSL for instance) I may just refer you to the guide I've used to help setup SSL.

The current web host is pretty well matched for a website of this type, I wouldn't suggest moving the site at all, I'd just transfer the site to a new account on the current web host it only costs me $5.99/mo. I can't guarantee the features the website needs will be compatible with another web host.

Rubber Band Man, Aug 1, 2016 IP