1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which domain provider are doing good in market now a days?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Mohseena Siddiqui, Jun 6, 2016.

Hello masters,
    Being a business analyst I have to analyze what's working in the market as I have my own hosting portal named as Go-hosting.in which is new in the market. In order to have foot prints on such competitive environment I need to analyze and research the best domain provider now a days.
    I need your suggestions with whom I should compare the overall features and prices.
    Hope you all got my point. Awaiting to listen from you. Thanks in advance.

Mohseena Siddiqui, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  2. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There're many large domain providers on the market, it's base on your choice: name, godaddy, namecheap, domaindotcom, 1and1,register,...According to me, all of them are good.

daica85, Jun 8, 2016 IP
  3. Suziclue

Suziclue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Suziclue, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  4. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a huge fan of GoDaddy. I do prefer Dynadot over all others though. The real question is based on your location you might consider looking up reviews on registrars in your local area. It can make managing your domains easier.

Nameshark, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  5. Mr.John90

Mr.John90 Member

Best Answers:
    I think NetEarthOne and InternetBS is best in domain names because of their low pricing. InternetBs also offers free privacy protection.

Mr.John90, Jun 11, 2016 IP
  6. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am used namecheap.. and like i tried that it run well

irfansyah, Jun 11, 2016 IP
  7. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Based on what you are saying, you are wanting to target the domain part of the business mostly. If that's the case, why did you choose a domain name with "Hosting" in the name? Having a domain name like that would make it seem like you were mostly looking to target the hosting part of the business and not domain names.

However, back to what you asked.

If you are wanting to analyze some top domain registrars, here are some that I would look at:
    Namecheap
    GoDaddy
    Name.com
    Namesilo
    Dynadot

Each one of these has different aspects that they are good at/for, so it just depends on what part of the market you want to target.

Good Luck.

ulterios, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  8. habangnet

habangnet Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap with free whois privacy on first year
    Resellerclub cheap but now a EIG company
    Resell.biz will be the best choice

habangnet, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  9. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    I normally use name.com but recently I've been using namecheap.com. I like namecheap pretty well. Although name.com always has .88 cent domain sales which is awesome.

HostWinds_Jesse, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  10. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Namecheap has domains for $.88 also, in many different extensions. None of the traditional ones but still some ok ones for building websites with.

They only have .com, .net, etc for $.88 on special occasions.

ulterios, Jun 14, 2016 IP
  11. zigzag007

zigzag007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I deal with godaddy all the time.

zigzag007, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  12. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    Ah sweet, Thank you. I'm always looking for deals on domains. I feel I can never own enough of them lol

HostWinds_Jesse, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  13. ulterios

Best Answers:
    You are very welcome.

I am the same way with owning domains. I have slowed down a bit bust still have a lot, it kind of goes in spurts.

These domains for a dollar or less work great for projects when you don't want to put a lot of money into them or need some names for testing things like A-B testing for websites.

Cheers :)

P.S. I really like your site, especially the layout, colors and design.

ulterios, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  14. Joseph Mayer

Joseph Mayer Peon

Best Answers:
    My domain is from goDaddy! They have great prices as well as great email and customer support.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2016
    Joseph Mayer, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  15. daica85

Best Answers:
    Me too, lol. I see godaddy also have many $.99 for .COM, especially in locally such as CJC99AU for AU only, CJC99UK1 for UK only,...and many 99 cent domains for specific countries. All you can see it here http://ecoupon.io/godaddy-coupon-code-99-cent-latest/

daica85, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  16. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Yes GoDaddy has domains for $.99 but each person can only buy one for the life of their account and it doesn't matter if you use a different $.99 code or not. GoDaddy renewal rates are higher than most of the better registrars so that's where they are making up their money.

They used to let you use most of the different $.99 codes and get more domains for that price but ever since they went to being a publically traded company they have made many changes and their code use policy was one of them.

ulterios, Jun 17, 2016 IP
  17. daica85

Best Answers:
    That's correct, using coupon is one of their marketing strategies. However, I think we can transfer to another registrar with a cheaper price when it comes expired. I see many guys here do this way, they transfer around hundreds of domain per years and transfer back after year when they have another coupons.

daica85, Jul 3, 2016 IP
  18. Tigan

Tigan Peon

Best Answers:
    It's definitely GoDaddy. However, Namecheap is bringing on their A++ game as well

Tigan, Jul 3, 2016 IP
  19. ulterios

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can always transfer to another registrar after the registration lock is up. This will help keep costs down. I move hundreds per year, also for this reason and have always done that in the past. The only problem now is that GoDaddy will not let you use coupon code values ($.99, $1.99, etc.) that you have already used before. You can only use one per the lifetime of the account.

This was not the case till last year when the company went public and started making changes for investors. You used to be able to reuse other codes of the same value as long as the code was different. They used to have hundreds of good codes floating around and you could use almost all of them if you haven't used the code before, even if it was the same price. Now, it's one code value per customer per life of the account. They lost a lot of customers because of this but I do understand why they did it.

Now it's best to just find a good registrar that has consistently low prices and only move when needed.

All good things must come to an end is GoDaddy's policy now! ;)

ulterios, Jul 3, 2016 IP