1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to start affiliate markting? to much information to much scam

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by umen, Apr 5, 2016.

Hello all
    i like to learn how to operate in the affiliates world .
    but the problem is that there are to much scam and to much information over load. even if i do search in this forum which i love very much there are allot of links .
    i want to start with trail and error but where to start ? what is reliable source of knowledge ?
    i know it will take time and persistence and im ready for it .
    my background is software development if it helps .
    Thanks

umen, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  2. samilee80

samilee80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi There Umen,

I just wanted to pop on here and tell you that there is a great place that I learned step by step and earned money in the process you should check it out and its perfect for beginners. just check out my siggy

samilee80, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  3. umen

umen Member

Best Answers:
    Amazing another "free 14 day crash course" yeah im going to sign in right away

umen, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  4. samilee80

samilee80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    awesome it helped me and a lot of others that were struggling with funnels and marketing.

samilee80, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  5. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, you can do it in simply 5 steps. And here are they:
    - pick an affiliate product o promote whatever niche you are interested in. It will be really great if you chose a niche that personally appeals to you and you have a passion for your subject, because you will be pleasent to generate greater sales!
    - keyword research determining product demand is essential if you want to earn good money from this marketing.
    - setting up your own website, because it is the easiest way to promote affiliate products. You can also use blogs, which have free blogging platforms.
    - sign up to an affiliate program, so you have picked a great product that you are confident writing about, and have now set up your own website or blog to promote it.
    - build your sales page by using your earlier keyword research to create a sales page which will provide you with a good search engine ranking.

TomRider, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  6. umen

umen Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replay @TomRider
    As i know those basic high level steps from reading around the web .
    I was looking for more in depth walk throw maybe or up to date example how to do all those steps

umen, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  7. phuongnguyen1710

phuongnguyen1710 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think you should start with affiliate marketing because i feel it great. I earned much money from this job. No reason to refuse it.

phuongnguyen1710, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  8. Chanh

Chanh Member

Best Answers:
    Well.. you can look at my signature!
    lol, I'm kidding. I don't have anything there. But yea, what TomRider said. It takes time. The more you read, the sooner you'll realize that the simple concept, which is, traffic -> landing page -> offer -> Email sequences, is very common.

But if you're serious, war room on warrior forum has a ton of information for you.

Chanh, May 11, 2016 IP
  9. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, I will suggest you to use such steps, as:
    1- Sell what you know. To start, you should stick to selling products or services that you're familiar with.
    2- Start a website relevant to your niche. Before becoming an affiliate, many companies will want to know the URL of the website that you'll use to sell their products.
    3- Research affliate programs. Find an affiliate program that offers products or services in your niche.
    4- Join an affiliate program. It's almost always free of charge to join an affiliate program.
    Be sure, this professional artical is very good start up for a lot of experts!

JudySlean, May 24, 2016 IP
  10. Luke Patel

Luke Patel Banned

Best Answers:
    visit shoutmeloud . com which is provide quality article on affiliate marketing.

Luke Patel, May 24, 2016 IP
  11. Fredi

Fredi Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that there is a lot of scam in Affiliate market. Do you have basic knowledge of Affiliate Marketing? If you don't, you should learn about the basic of Affiliate marketing. You can get enough information from Google and YouTube.
    I have few simple tips for you, first of all learn market research and find a product which has market demand and offering good commission rate. Then try to drive as much traffic as you can. You may invest little at the starting. Use Facebook Ads or Solo Ads to reach targeted traffic.

Fredi, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  12. RogueOne

RogueOne Active Member

Best Answers:
    This assumes you have a website, Autoresponder, and freebie hosted so you can link to it.

What you will need:

#1 A squeeze page
    #2 A OTO (one time offer) page
    #3 A freebie thank/download page
    #4 A "register your purchase" page for one time offer buyers
    #5 A paid product thank/download page

Set up two lists in your AR. A subscribers list and a OTO buyers list. You will need to learn your ARs automation process to automatically unsub people who register their purchase and join your buyers list.

Here we go:
    For settings for your subscribers (squeeze page) form select "custom thank you page" enter the URL of your OTO. I always use single opt so subscribers are instantly sent to my OTO. I also put on my squeeze page "...will be sent instantly to your inbox." This way when people land on my OTO they won't wonder where their freebie is.

If people decline your OTO they leave, and access their freebie via the link to your freebie thank/download page that you sent to their email via your first followup message. More complex funnels have more to offer.

If they buy your OTO they are redirected by your payment processor to your "register" page. Enter it's URL when you setup your buy button.

When people register they are automatically moved to your buyers list and redirected to your thank/download page. Enter it's URL for your buyers form custom thank you page.

RogueOne, Jun 12, 2016 IP
  13. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    The theory is pretty simple....

Web Site + Traffic = Money

If I were you before I even chose a niche I would choose a traffic method as they require different skillsets. Dont just blindly jump into a niche because it has high payouts. The competition there is usually large too. Start small and build up over time.

shaun-m, Jun 12, 2016 IP
  14. RogueOne

RogueOne Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without traffic you have nothing. If you learn how to generate high quality, targeted traffic you can control your destiny in any niche where people are searching and spending money.

RogueOne, Jun 12, 2016 IP
  15. tinisha rosch

tinisha rosch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing the key features how we can do affiliate marketing. I wanted to ask that Is it Compulsory to join affiliate program to do affiliate Marketing.

tinisha rosch, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  16. isaacsmile

isaacsmile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very high level post this but will give you some direction.

Promote something you like for sure. Some thing you know about. I would even go as far as saying you should buy the product and test it out before you promote it, contact the support team if that is relevant, see if they are any good. You need to know the product is solid in all areas, especially support.

Then you need a website or blog with your affiliate links built in - cloaked your links links. Use WordPress and get the Yoast SEO plugin (Free). A basic site with clear informative web good copy, write in plain english, avoid blabbing and over complicating your copy. Read 'Web copy that sells second edition' - it's a great book on how to write for websites (Web copy).

You will need traffic to your site also you should use SEO to get search engine traffic and also make a few videos about your product and post it on youtube. It is easier to rank on Youtube for many niches that are very competitive on google.

Read about: SEO, Youtube SEO, Web Copy. There are loads of youtube videos that are good and informative on these topics. Check RankYa channel on Youtube. Good info there on SEO.

Bit of a jumbled response but should help you.

Isaac

isaacsmile, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  17. RogueOne

RogueOne Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are required to sign up to some system or else you wouldn't be able to get paid. Some vendors have self-hosted programs where you would enter your details. If you want to promote products from a network like JVZ or CB then you would need to join.

RogueOne, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  18. Kirtiraj Gohil

Kirtiraj Gohil Member

Best Answers:
    affiliate marketing is good source to earn side income via blogging whatever you want. there are list of affiliate marketing sites available but you need to choose as per your industry and topics.

Thanks you hope this will be help.

Kirtiraj Gohil, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  19. amempire

amempire Active Member

Best Answers:
    This can help you to clear the things. :)
    [​IMG]

amempire, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  20. schaschwin

schaschwin Member

Best Answers:
    In order to have a sustainable online business you should have a website set up. It's optional of course, but it can be VERY helpful. However, before you even start you of course need a niche (a topic a field, in which you are PASSIONATE about; it can be literally anything, but it has to interest you) once you know what you are passionate about and have chosen your nihe you want to narrow it down. The more precise you are the better. Then you choose your product. In response to your question if you have to join an affiliate network, no you don't. You can also type in your product + affiliate program in google and you will see a lot of results. Remember, to always read the terms and conditions.

Ok, after that:

1. Get a platform (most used one is Wordpress)
    2. Webhosting such as HostGator, Godaddy, Bluehost
    3. Get a domain name
    4. Once you have that in place you would want to get the most important plugins such as YOAST SEO (to get your website ranked), Google XML Sitemap (to get ranked even better ;) ) Akismet (preventing spams) w3 total cache (improves the speed and user experience of your site), Sumome or Icegram (for list building), Pretty Link (Shrink, track and share any URL on the Internet from your WordPress website), AddToAny Share Buttons (share buttons), etc.

It would be good to know the psychology behind marketing since 90% of marketing depends on people's mind. I would recommend you reading the book "influence: psychology of persuasion". It's optional of course, but it will help you immensely in your online business.

Last but not least is to get traffic. You can start by SEO obviously since you will be owning a site. After that you would want to start by your lowest handing fruit to build your brand and get your name out there -> Social media ( facebook, twitter, google+, pinterest, linkedIn, youtube, snapchat, instagram, etc.)

start giving value and helping people in your community. Sooner or later they will be following you when they see you have contributed well. (Reciprocity)

I hope this has been helpful.
    You can also add me on google+
    https://plus.google.com/114369083226420493207

schaschwin, Jun 13, 2016 IP