1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You Have Only a Week to Make $2000 (legally!): What Would You Do??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by threedogs, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger999

Tiger999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with Keteki

Tiger999, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  2. The Entrepreneur Cure

The Entrepreneur Cure Active Member

Best Answers:
    Were you able to find a way to make the money?

If not I have a few suggestions for a few sites you can work on but it will be alot of work.

Another option:

I know someone who is a web designer and freelance writer who is willing to build a couple websites, create niche article packages and design newsletters if you will market them she said she'll work out a profit system offering you 40 percent of each sale. It takes her about only a few short hours to put together a site so just let me know and I can send you her email address. She's serious. I worked with her when I was in a bind and was able to make the money I needed in a day or so. It's just about you helping her get the orders or selling the sites.

The Entrepreneur Cure, Aug 1, 2015 IP
  3. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Internet is an impressive world where you can easily make money or lose money at the same time. An advice I want to give you is to always study a plan before spending money and also to not invest too much. Use small sums then find what's happening with your investment before spending more money. Unfortunately, you can't make money with zero investment because you need tools and services initially. After that, you need to spend in advertising (pay per click) and more tools.

4. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sell logos for $99 and have them made on DP for $20 ;)

BlueDevilMedia, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  5. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that this thread is over 8 years old so I hope the OP got his answer and knows that things have changed hugely in that time...though to answer the question I would go for a product launch...

daftdog, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  6. Outlaw Millionaire

Outlaw Millionaire Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Since it's an emergency and you need the money in a week I would begin by selling anything and everything. TV, car,bed, furniture, I mean everything...That's what i did. You work like it all depends on you and pray like it all depends on God. Do not go to bed until you have exhausted every possible means to make money. As soon as you have the emergency money do what ever it take to never be in that situation ever again. Hold down two jobs if you have to, sleep on a blow up mattress, I called mine a sleep number bed because I had to blow it back up in the middle of the night because of all the holes in it.

Once you are back on your feet with $1,000 in your savings account for emergencies only then and only then do you begin to find other ways to make money. I was there...I know how that feels...It doesn't matter what happens to you, it's how you handle it.

Outlaw Millionaire, Oct 6, 2015 IP
  7. somnathji

somnathji Member

Best Answers:
    It's not easy to earn money in quick ways. you should earn money in legal ways but if you found that The internet is best options to get the fastest money then go for Adsense and his massive income tricks.

somnathji, Oct 7, 2015 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The thread that NEVER dies so it is doubtful that the OP will ever see these recent posts.

Bingo! Use what you ALREADY KNOW, HAVE, or CAN DO. Assess your abilities and knowledge, then use them to your advantage.

What I do when in dire need of money is visit local junk yards, scrap yards, and other places that recycle scrap metal. Since I know transmissions, I buy whatever transmissions that I can CHEAP ($5 to $50 each), then flip them the same day somewhere else nearby like other junk yards, other scrap yards, transmission shops, transmission brokers, and so on for $10 to $250 each. This does require some knowledge of the industry and contacts, but that knowledge can be built up very fast by asking questions wherever you go.

When I started flipping transmissions years ago, I would buy any and all transmissions from the local wrecking yards for a flat $5 each, often buying a 100 or more at a time. I then peddled them to transmission shops for $25 and up each, learning what sold and did not sell in the process. The remainder went straight to the scrap yards for $10 each.

One time, when in dire need of a $500 car payment due that very same day (30 years ago), I could not find any transmissions. However, one wrecking yard had a pile of contaminated aluminum cylinder heads, manifolds, and other car scrap. I was able to convince him to sell the pile to me for $400, with $100 down, and the other $300 payable the same afternoon. I hauled ass out to a smelter I knew 40 miles away, had the aluminum smelted as I waited to determine the value, then sold the smelted aluminum to the smelter for $1200 after all costs of smelting were deducted. Went back to the wrecking yard, paid him the $300 I owed him, went to the car dealer and paid my $500 payment, then went home with $400 in my pocket. Not a bad days wage considering that gas prices were 49 cents per gallon and the minimum wage was $3 per hour at that time.

Just a few days ago I needed some money and had only $65 in my pocket, so went to a wrecking yard, bought a transmission for $40 then sold the transmission for $100 half hour later. Went back to the same wrecking yard the next day, bought another transmission for $50, then flipped it the next day to a builder for $200. After costs I turned that $65 into $265. I could have done it all in about 4 hours had I not had other things that I needed to do in the meantime.

Anyone can do things like this depending on knowledge and contacts. And if you don't have the knowledge and contacts? Spend 2 to 3 hours per day talking to people in your target industry picking the brains of those who may need your services.

Flipping items can be very profitable once you put your knowledge to work. It can be done visiting pawn shops, jewelry stores, recycling centers, scrap dealers, Goodwill/Salvation Army type stores, book dealers, swap meets, or ANY PLACE THAT DEALS IN ANYTHING USED. You could flip coins, jewelry, clothing, car parts, ATVs, books, or if you have the money even houses. Just plain ANYTHING.

I have a brother who scours used book stores looking for rare books, then flips them to customers on his waiting list. When he had is own bookstore, he would buy "remainders" (oddball books, orphaned books, overstock books, out-of-date books, etc) by the semi-truck load from book publishers for $1 per book. Once the books arrived he would have a "half off" sale at his store. People would line up for hours to buy a $20 book for $10 that he had paid $1 for. He never sold every book, but he would always triple or better his money.

I have a sister that flips houses, buys them cheap and sells them cheap the same week, often with no money down. In her spare time she scours odd items at garage and estate sales, then flips them to various people she knows. And she is teaching the business to two of our nieces (one in Texas studying to become a surgeon and one in Oregon studying to become a nurse) who are both funding their college tuition and other costs by flipping garage sale, estate sale, and Craigs List items.

The same principles work in ANY business, even for websites. If that is what you know, make it work for you. Flip websites either by buying them, slightly improving them, and then re-selling them OR have people make websites for you to your specifications which you have already pre-sold to your growing list of customers. Then sell add-on services for those sites which you sub-contract out to your fully vetted coders.

EXACTLY. Do WHATEVER it takes!

When I was starting out and could not afford an $8 motel room, I would sleep in my truck when out of town. Damn cold when it is below freezing and there is ice everywhere!

One winter I lived for 3 months in a barn with no heat, no running water, no electricity, no waste facilities, and holes in the roof. I don't remember it ever being above freezing at night. Damn cold there, too.

BOTTOM LINE - DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THE JOB DONE!

mmerlinn, Oct 9, 2015 IP
  9. ovimani onol

ovimani onol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    https://www.fiverr.com/mdbulbul1015/do-web-research-find-for-you-contact-email-web-data?funnel=a8318d0c-1d30-4113-8838-5e6cc09407da

ovimani onol, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  10. FCS Eli

FCS Eli Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    EDIT: Just realized this is a really old thread that someone bumped. Oh well, hopefully the below will help someone out.

Lynne,

Let's break this down a little.

You need to earn about $285 per day to hit your goal.

This sounds like a lot but it IS possible, as long as you're willing to seriously bust your hump. You have a really great attitude about this situation so I think you've got what it takes.

Let's assume that you work 16 hours per day and use the other 8 for sleep/bathroom/food/whatever else.

That means you need to earn about $18 per working hour.

It's going to be tough, but it can be done. Some of the suggestions here are great, particularly the ones from maney and Sohan.

When you're working with tight timelines like this it's important to remember that money transfer times are a thing - for example, withdrawing from PayPal to your bank account takes 3-5 days (this is why it's a good idea to have the PayPal debit card). My point here is that even if you do hit your goal on the 7th day, you might not have the money on-hand. With this in mind, some of the suggestions for earning locally might be your best bet, as you can get paid with a check or in cash.

Speaking of local gigs like the ones here, you could sweeten the deal a bit if you offer to do a little ORM (Online Reputation Management) for them. This could be particularly effective with local businesses that have a couple of negative reviews. The full scope of doing ORM is a little beyond the scope of this post, but there's plenty of ways to go about it - ethically too, without the use of bots or shill accounts.

I can't remember where I read about this initially, but there's a fairly comprehensive description floating around out there somewhere. If someone knows what I'm talking about, please share a link. Anyway, one of the most effective ways for local business to get positive reviews from real customers is through an "in-house" review system.

In a nutshell, the user is directed to a url like example.com/customer-survey/ or whatever, where they're presented with a few yes or no questions, the most important of which is "Are you pleased with this company?" (or something along those lines). If the answer is yes, they're directed to Google or Yelp or wherever the business needs a positive review. If the answer is no, they're directed to an in-house form where they can air their complaints...privately. This helps the business get good reviews publicly from happy customers, and valuable customer data from the unhappy ones.

The business will likely need to incentivize customers to take the survey, e.g., with a 10% discount coupon. In theory, you could find a bunch of local businesses with bad reviews, PRINT OUT these results (in many cases the business owner isn't even aware of them), and take them in. Offer a full solution, including cards/flyers to hand out to customers, developing the in-house review page, and a full monthly report. This is also a great time to upsell your other development services, as in "Hmm, your site could use some sprucing up..." or "What, you don't have a website in 2016?"

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

Regardless, you may be wise to start running a little interference now. Contact your landlord and/or the utility company and explain your situation. Ask for an extra week, 5 days, or whatever you can get them to agree to. Beg a little if you have to. People/companies tend to be a little more lenient if you contact them before the final deadline for a payment.

Most of my experience is in freelancing, writing specifically. You seem to have a fun, honest style and a good grip on the language. If you're capable of writing about 1,000 words per hour, all you'd have to charge is $0.018 per word -- that's a VERY reasonable price, and since I'm guessing you're a native English speaker, odds are you could demand a bit more.

I'd put out a call for help in the services section here (and anywhere else you can think of - it's more difficult to find serious/well-paying clientele on DP). Explain that you're taking on bulk orders only at a very low price, and that this is a once-in-a-lifetime deal for truly stellar content.

You mentioned that you spent a good number of years as a stay at home mom (for more years than you want to admit? You should be proud of yourself!). I would utilize this experience and reach out to several dozen of the fifty million "mommy" blogs in existence. Explain your situation (what mom wouldn't want to help out another mom in a pinch?) and offer to work for them. Probably content, but if there's anything else you can do (like video editing), put that in your proposal/plea as well.

If possible reach out to the site owners via email. INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER. This adds to your legitimacy. If you want to write for them, include samples of your work. Services likefindanyemail.net can help you track down email addresses of bloggers.

Anyway, good luck Lynne. Please update us on how your week goes!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    FCS Eli, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  11. domainmarket.io

domainmarket.io Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sell off 95% of my domain names (keep the best 5% for later emergencies :D)

domainmarket.io, May 30, 2016 IP
  12. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It really depends on the person and his/her skills.

I'm not bragging about it but I make that money in less than a week.

If I had to make $2000 in less than a week I would go do freelancing work, just like I did back in the day in 2006 - 2009. Freelancing can pay off if you're building your presence within a freelancing network such as Freelancer, Elance, Microworkers (combine these three network, know your skills and $2000 is realistical)
    Just thrown my .02 cents to help some people out that might be struggling financially. I can't complain about my income and I still jump on freelancing projects from time to time, if the task payout satisfies me.
    Cheers

evelinawilliams007, May 31, 2016 IP
  13. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG ur like a genius. It's plagiarism, but yeah -- google probably doesn't have them indexed if they're old books or something. My gawd such a good idea.

You can even make life easier by using scan-to-text programs and just scan them in and upload :D.

Not sure you could make $2,000 in a week from /new/ websites that way though. You'd have to find a high-paying buyer for the articles. Or maybe you know more and can actually make $2,000 in 1 week from new websites :D.

But if you did, then wouldn't you be doing that every week? I would! Do it for like 2 months, then take 3 months off :p

jv1999, Jun 3, 2016 IP
  14. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Freelance is the best

sumdor, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  15. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    and that was 1.5 years ago and its still going ;-)

I would like to hear from the OP and se what he is up too ')

sundaybrew, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  16. wordsrank

wordsrank Peon

Best Answers:
    I would sell some stuff on Ebay, or offer some kind of service such as SEO or Article Writing.

wordsrank, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  17. wakkawakka

wakkawakka Member

Best Answers:
    i will find a property and find buyer.
    i will get my commission

wakkawakka, Jun 12, 2016 IP
  18. SᴩiDᴇЯ

SᴩiDᴇЯ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SᴩiDᴇЯ, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  19. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What happens you bump on a thread that have been 9 years old?

daica85, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  20. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would breed discus fish.

CarpCharacin, Aug 19, 2016 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.