1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

live chat - yes or no?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by zannovski, Mar 16, 2013.

1. barracuda33

barracuda33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes! Especially livechatinc with their ticketing system and notifications.

barracuda33, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  2. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my using experience I found ChatWing is the best so far. So don't depend on another service. :)

Atikur, May 24, 2016 IP
  3. jess4mari

jess4mari Peon

Best Answers:
    Live chat definitely works. So, we can make use of it to satisfy.

jess4mari, May 25, 2016 IP
  4. Christine Hopkins

Christine Hopkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Live chat is really helpful to grab customer`s and instant response. It feels you more reliable when you put a live chat on your website. My personal experience is good for website chat feature to generate business effectively. You can get these services by approaching LiveAdmins and VirtueNetz. These are good names in market and can be really helpful for you.

Christine Hopkins, May 26, 2016 IP
  5. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    Chat- yes but well done.

I agree 100% automated chats are usually low inteligence bots- smells fishy from day one of user experience- it is better to have chat live from... to... than bulky bot which makes you ashamed of... automatic anounsment "sorry we are closed now but leave us a msg. we will be back to you" as long as your team is back to customers works perfectly fine with user experience.

Personally I prefer to chat and even wait the sending meg. trough contact form.

IdosellShop, May 30, 2016 IP
  6. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey guys i will give a quick update about my experience using Chatwing so far.

1. most important, my users are very satisifed with it.

2. it has been working really smooth and feels great to have a cloud chat and not rely on servers and hosting anymore.

3. the Chatwing android and iOS app have been a great way for myself and moderators to keep control of the chat and get alerts when their is new activity.

4. my users also use the chatwing apps so they can stay connected to my website chats

5. the chat has helped increase the number of visitors and also the amount of time they spend on my website.

6. as far as pricing chatwing is by far the best value on the web, i pay $11.20 per month for unlimited usage in my chat, on other chat services they limit usage for say 250 users will cost you $50 per month. Chatwing also has a free version that let's you have unlimited usage too which is really nice just lacks a couple features i wanted like uploading my logo and hiding the chatwing name.

conclusion, give Chatwing a try if your looking for a chat room to put on your website it's perfect.

Atikur, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  7. shophia

shophia Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you'll use live chat, you'll be able to get more inquiries and as the inquirires will be more the sale will be more. I am having a very good experience with Live chat. I use it and I get customers out of it. I suggest you to use it.

shophia, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  8. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    Ch
    chat might be addressed to all users or to users who already have purchased your products- this can create some loyalty to the shop.
    Why, except good quality service, women go to the particular hairdresser?- for gossips what is good, what is new on the market. The same function can be realised by your chat service- accessible only for logged customers- the member of a gang... this creates the privileged feeling of customers- this builds up loyalty- but only well done.

IdosellShop, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  9. Alexander Akunin

Alexander Akunin Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, live chat increases interactivity and very useful tool for e commerce sites. By the way there is another tool for e commerce sites which is Avazilla. Avazilla is a kind of text to speech bubble engine and a good way of creating mutual effect on your visitors by leaving a long-lasting impact on their visual memory. It is not a live chat, so im using both on my web sites. You can give your product highlights in css speech bubbles with your web site avatar. You can check it on https://www.avazilla.com

Alexander Akunin, Jun 9, 2016 IP
  10. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is a must for many types of business. Nothing is more frustrating as a customer then needing a quick question answered and having to wait for hours for your answer. By this point most people have moved on to another company to get what they need. Lost sales all over not providing live chat.

Nameshark, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  11. Alex D

Alex D Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Live chat is so commonly used that find out the e-commerce site without it. You'll lose a lot of potential customers if you don't implement it on your site.

Alex D, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  12. LiveChatSoftware

LiveChatSoftware Member

Best Answers:
    Live chats are extremely efficient in turning website visitors into engaged customers and enhancing online customer support - as a live chat software provider, at LiveChat we know it for a fact ;)

However, some of the features they have should be used with extreme caution as they can become counterproductive when used improperly. I mostly refer to so-called engagement features: pre- and post-chat surveys and automated chat greetings/chat invitations. Both can cause lots of damages to your online activity.

Let me share a couple of tips with you:

1. Don't try to engage all of your website visitors into chats. Assign engagement triggers responsively so that chat invitations would reach only visitors that spent a certain amount of time on your website and are definitely interested in product/service you offer. Random chat invitations are extremely annoying to visitors who just came to look around and are not necessarily interested in anything particularly. Instead of converting them into customers, you'll only scare them away.
    2. Assigning chat surveys only if a lead generation is more important to you than a number of encounters with customers. Chat surveys are a great opportunity to gather some leads and gain a valuable insight but they lower the number of chats quite significantly. Most of your website's visitors will simply avoid filling forms you want them to fill - and therefore - will resign from chatting with you. If you want visitors to use live chat as a major customer support feature, consider turning survey features off.

LiveChatSoftware, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  13. Galperin

Galperin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems to me live chat must be and it's an advantage from the provider IMHO.

Galperin, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  14. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat works, but as you noted, you must also have time for it. Which is good, as customers will appreciate to have the owner be there to talk to them. It will make your site more friendly and personal.

Milliardo, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  15. PayClick

PayClick Active Member

Best Answers:
    Placing a live chat widget is absolutely necessary! There are plenty of people who can't contact you directly by phone (because they are busy or they are currently at work), so they prefer to use live chat to resolve their questions. E-mail is really slow, live chat provides answers immediately. It is a great alternative to direct calls, and it is even possible to make calls from the live chat widget while browsing your website (keeps your clients engaged). So live chat is really a must for e-commerce.

PayClick, Nov 11, 2016 IP
  16. K Edward

K Edward Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I seem to agree with most of the previous posters, Live Chat is the way to go. But be sure that you actually respond to at least 75% of the inquiries on time. It will mean that you create extra time for this.

K Edward, Nov 11, 2016 IP
  17. Chris Dunnan

Chris Dunnan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone! I'm new here and saw this post first. I actually signed up because I wanted a community that focused on ecommerce. I agree, live chat is super important to engage customers on the store. I currently use a solution called Reamaze that switches automatically between live chat, direct messages, and email and found that these 3 different use cases help me convert customers in very different ways. For example, live chat allows me to almost sell a customer on the spot. Direct messages allow me to nurture my customers fairly easily since it doesn't demand me to be there all the time, replying real time. Email works great for customer support. Pretty happy with the setup so far since it also integrates with fb, twitter, and instagram even. It's embedded on my store site with some simple javascript.

The main difficulty is because I don't always have time for live chat. The system helps me switch automatically and has workflows which helps but I think the direct messaging option is just as good as live chat. I recommend you guys look into that option alongside live chat.

My customers really love the experience too so I'm happy. Based on my data collection, my sales has gone up roughly 10-15% since I implemented Reamaze. It's not a huge bump in sales but customers are talking to me a lot more now so I know what they like/dislike, and stuff wrong with the rpoduct.

Chris Dunnan, Nov 11, 2016 IP
  18. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat will surely help you in growing sales because the customers are sometime confused with the product specifications and features .So this platform will be a attractive things towards them .By this you will solve the doubts and win the confidence of the customer which will directly affect your business in a good way.

wanessmark, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  19. nolokafrech

nolokafrech Peon

Best Answers:
    live chat in e-commerce site! of course it's good for the customers.

nolokafrech, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  20. subohost

subohost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive been using helpchat.co.uk to outsource my live chat answering, noticed a good uptake in sales and there pricing is not far of what i would be paying if i just used a livechat software and answered my own customers.

subohost, Dec 27, 2016 IP