1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A flash games website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bassmatv.com, Mar 24, 2014.

Hello guys;
    I'm a new and poor Webmaster , I would like to start a website for flash games
    and i really need your opinions before i start (buying the script) . so please tell me is flash games WS site still can generate some revenue?
    do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you .

bassmatv.com, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  2. WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I have seen with most flash game websites, they are usually fairly plastered with advertisements which in my opinion makes it very unwelcoming.

I do know however that this is how most of them make their money, but there is by far a better way to place ads as to not annoy your users which if you aren't annoying your users then chances are you will get return visitors as long as you provide good and fun flash games. This may even cause you to have one user talk about your site to their friends and cause more traffic to your flash games website.

As for the demand for a website such as this, I honestly don't know where the market stands for it.

Though my opinion to your original question is that, yes I believe you can profit, maybe not immediately, with a flash games website.

WhySoSerious, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  3. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be great if you integrate your games with facebook and andriod. People are making huge money using those platforms.

AlphaNine_Vini, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  4. zenplus

zenplus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to make $1000/mo on one. It depends. How good are you at SEO? This was way back when SEO was big, but I was once ranked for a decent flash games search keyword. Then myspace fell apart and I lost all my rankings.

The scene is very competitive. Some sites generate their traffic by sponsoring games, and then putting an ad for their site on their loading screen. You have to be a good judge of what game is going to be a hit and what won't be.

zenplus, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup... it's a tough gig... making games is pretty easy. marketing them is pretty tough. making a fun game is also hard. I've just started in this field, it's fun, but not as easy as some will think.

If he's talking about a general arcade then using Facebook/Apps wouldn't be of much benefit, if he was making his own games & app's that's a different story... integrating games onto Android isn't that easy either, you need to make your own games & learn the various platforms... etc. etc.

thsadmin, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  6. bassmatv.com

bassmatv.com Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the useful informations .
    and about the advertisement , I don't plan to add annoying ones (pop-up/under) i plan to use adsense .
    Best Regards

bassmatv.com, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  7. bassmatv.com

bassmatv.com Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply , yes The scene is very competitive as you wrote. My plan about the games that i will integer is that most of them will come to my website via feeds , i plan to buy a script that add games via feeds from other websites.(Onarcade).
    about your website, can you please tell me wich script you used?

Best Regards

8. bassmatv.com

bassmatv.com Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply
    I plan to make an arcade website .
    Best Regards

9. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually I was very interested in the flash game script things as well, i made a review site of various scripts but lost interest soon after, you can check out some of the reviews i did on 3 arcade scripts that you might be interested in though.
    http://arcadescriptreviews.com/

Helge Sverre, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  10. bassmatv.com

bassmatv.com Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the link , I appreciate it.

11. fedoras

fedoras Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any new custom arcade script out there ? Clean theme, responsive and mobile ready ?

fedoras, Jun 6, 2016 IP