1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What platform do you use for website designing and HTML coding ?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Stephen Thomas, Jun 6, 2016.

Suggest some best and easy platform to create and design website in HTML and CSS.

Solved! View solution.
    Stephen Thomas, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  2. Puntocom81

Puntocom81 Banned

Best Answers:
    Cutcodedown.com is a great site to learn proper HTML/CSS... the best tool is the one between your ears.

Puntocom81, Jun 6, 2016 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
    Hi Stephen,

My name is Chris, I am currently learning HTML5 and CSS3.

I think it's a great place to start learning about web development from scratch.

If you want a platform, try WORDPRESS or WIX.

Regards,
    Chris

Web_Dev_Chris, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nonsense. Have you ever looked at the garbage code that turdpress and wix produce? If you are learning that, you are learning how NOT to code HTML and CSS.

That garbage code is stealing your bandwidth for nothing.

mmerlinn, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  5. Web_Dev_Chris

Web_Dev_Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a problem comprehending my post. You need to re-read it. I said I am learning HTML5 & CSS3, not Wordpress and Wix.

Web_Dev_Chris, Jun 11, 2016 IP
  6. Puntocom81

Puntocom81 Banned

Best Answers:
    I have used Wordpress during some years and I definitely DON'T recommend it. It generates crappy code, it's painfully bloated, insecure and slow and the editor is a pain. You'll need tons of hacks to speed it up.

Now I use Wok, it does the job for me for simple sites. You make the template, then put content files in HTML and it generates fully static sites running a command. For a more complex solution I'd probably use something like this in PHP: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/looking-for-foundation-6-advice-help.2780777/#post-19341840

Anyway PHP is not perfect, I experience more automated attacks and hacking attempts in sites that use PHP than my sites that run in pure HTML/CSS.

Puntocom81, Jun 11, 2016 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That last bit, automated attacks, is quite normal. Of course there is a bigger chance for a useful reward if you attack a page with interactive pages/database layer, than just a plain HTML/CSS - where the chances are that anything is available is almost non-existant. You'll see the same amounts of automated attacks on any kind of database-driven site, regardless of type of server-language, really.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 11, 2016 IP
  8. karanrj

karanrj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend Dreamviewer as far I know about the tool it's very easy to operate and also suggest tag when you code.

karanrj, Jul 1, 2016 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    WTF is "Dreamviewer"?
    If you mean Dreamweaver then best you run and hide before @deathshadow comes along and rips you a new one.

malky66, Jul 1, 2016 IP
  10. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get the designs done in PSD, then hand code it using html/css in an editor, tools like DreamViewer is no longer good when it comes to quality of web pages.
    Hand coded pages are the best.

mrforum, Jul 7, 2016 IP