1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Web Ranking become OUTDATED soon?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John_Vianny, May 31, 2016.

I recently came across this interesting article:

https://moz.com/blog/intelligent-personal-assistants-replace-websites

"As more and more people search via personal assistants, and with personal assistants
    trying to deliver answers directly in their interface, we'll see an increasing number of searches that COMPLETELY BYPASS web search rankings.

If you've been on the fence about building an app, you should re-evaluate that decision, with a focus on apps being the way they can integrate into Intelligent Personal Assistants. "

What do you think?

IMHO in 5 years from now, most of the websites will become only databases of products, and all the searches and process of buying will be only between Apps.

That's the core of the problem: will seo rankin on google become useless?

So, how to rank in google's apps in this new scenario and become the ONLY ONE result that PIA will display to the user?

John_Vianny, May 31, 2016 IP
  2. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a good questions and the answer is I don't know...lol Really know one will be able to tell what is going to happen in the upcoming years. Especially something that is constantly changing. I think Google makes to much money with adsense and such to allow personal assistance take over seo practices.

HostWinds_Jesse, May 31, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    SEO will continue but as you note, the focus will move from web results to assisted results but we'll be tinkering with our sites and talking about white versus black hat techniques for a while to come.

I don't see me using assisted search for most of the stuff I search for. I tend to scan the first page, refine my search, open a few links etc. It just wouldn't be efficient through an assistant.

sarahk, May 31, 2016 IP
  4. John_Vianny

John_Vianny Member

Best Answers:
    of course we're not talking about what tech or internet marketers people look for, obviously we dont rely on IPA for our work,
    but that the common person uses, which is definately our target for 90%.

I think we also not discussing on what would it be in a far future, but in a near one starting from now: just think of Google,which has took away all the other competitors like Altavista etc, and becoming the gold standard of search engines...but it happened few years ago.

So the near future would be in the app market, and all the seo will be based on how much your app is the preferred choice of an IPA maybe...

John_Vianny, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  5. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    Noway do you think google going to give up there search engine as above guys said they will find a way around to reach search and then come acrrose with PA bots and apps,,but i dont think SEO go away,,

CYCchips, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  6. John_Vianny

John_Vianny Member

Best Answers:
    SEO wont "go away": the senso of the article seems to underline that in the future you can be the ONLY ONE result that the user find, through IPA, and all the SEO will focus only on rankin apps.

John_Vianny, Jun 1, 2016 IP