1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Greetings Fellow Earth Beings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by beeljo, May 30, 2016.

?

How much do you love this introductory post?

1. ¡Muchísimo!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pulitzer Prize-worthy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jon Best for President!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Um, did anyone get the license plate of that truck that just hit me?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Encore, encore!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Caveat Emptor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. E pluribus unum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hello from planet Earth, Sol system, the Universe (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
    Name: John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt, his name is my n... oh, wait, it's Jon Best
    DOB: 04/14/1966
    Date Married: 04/14/2000 (yep, on my birthday so I couldn't forget aniversaries. Don't knock it, it's a system that worked for almost 16 years until....)
    Date Widowed: 04/09/2016 (What, she couldn't wait five or six more days to die? How inconsiderate).
    Children: me, none; my wife, 4 daughters (all grown before we met)
    How can I have such a morbid sense of humor about the death of someone so close to me (often translated as: I must not have loved her all that much if I find it so easy to poke fun at her/ her death)?: First, I see no reason to be somber about it all of the time (some of the time, yes; all of the time, no). It's not going to bring her back. Second, humor helps dull my pain and whether someone believes me or not, there's been a lot of that. Third, I try to tone it down around, and remain sensitive to, those who might be directly hurt by such humor because they knew her.
    More info/ blog: Living La Viudez Loca (the crazy widowhood/widowerhood). Hint: they have internet search engines for those times when someone can't provide a direct link to something.:)

beeljo, May 30, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi Jon

I get the feeling you'll be a breath of fresh air here and hopefully we can be of some use to you. I'm a Kiwi so I read the date of your wife's passing as a prediction for September (we do dates as d/m/y), something I wouldn't normally share but I figured you might be amused.

BTW I love how you came up with your username :)

sarahk, May 30, 2016 IP
  3. beeljo

beeljo Member

Best Answers:
    D'oh! When I sent you that message yesterday via Google+, I hadn't seen this, which is why I was wondering what would motivate a complete stranger (I hope I have that right... you could be an incomplete stranger for all I know) to circle me.
    I hope this explanation increases clarification rather than confusion. =OP

As for my wife dying, what I wouldn't give if I could just receive that little bit of extra time. Just out of curiosity, what did you make of my DOB?

beeljo, May 31, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I skipped over that and just saw the year - now I'm taking comfort for the fact that you are (marginally) older than me :)

sarahk, May 31, 2016 IP
  5. beeljo

beeljo Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was born in the 14th month.
    Besides, I don't mind getting older, it sure beats the alternative (believe it or not, I once had someone ask me, "What's the alternative?". I was thinking if she couldn't figure it out for herself, it would be useless to try to explain it.)

beeljo, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I have an added sweetner, I do endurance events and at 49 it's pretty damned hard when you compete against a 40 year old. Next year I have the joy of being the baby in my new age bracket.

sarahk, Jun 1, 2016 IP