1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTTPS - Killed My site Speed

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Furquan Ahmed, May 17, 2016.

Hi,
    DP Member,

Tomorrow I have installed SSL certificate on one of my site for just testing CloudFlare free RSA SSL certificate. I have checked with all Internet browsers & I found my SSL certificate working fine but the problem is after SSL implemented on the site speed decreased to very low.

Now I need all of your help

Note:- W3TC installed as my site on WordPress.
    Checked with WordPress Super Cache Plugin but no change.

https://www.coolwallpaper.online

Furquan Ahmed, May 17, 2016 IP
  2. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    can you check in other internet connection? because sometime your internet provider having some problem realted internet that is why also happen this problem.

seoaceindia, May 17, 2016 IP
  3. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know anything about this topic?

4. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    yes that is why i wasted my time for giving solution. you need to try it out its all depend in you.

5. Furquan Ahmed

Best Answers:
    Dear,
    Thanks for your help.

I have tested my site speed from Google page speed insight & Gmetrix .

The topics is not about my internet connection speed , Topic is after activating SSL certificate on my site , page speed insight showing me 63 out of 100.

6. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    listen man sometime internet over https getting problem m facing this in my office whenever i open any site opening smooth and when opening https sites getting error ssl or not load completely. after that our network admin adding some certificates in my browser and finally m getting excellent speed in opening https site.

7. Furquan Ahmed

Best Answers:
    Dear,
    Why you are unable to understand?

I am testing my site performance from a third party tool which made by Google.
    Page Speed Insight.

Google "page speed insight" read all about

Then come on this post

8. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And WHY does Google PageSpeed Insight report 63/100? You get more information. What does Google suggest you fix/improve/do to increase speed? Also, be aware that Google PSI isn't infallible - it might report something that isn't a real problem.
    You said you implemented Cloudflare - does Cloudflare have servers close by (local) to where you are? Cloudflare may increase speed, but it's nothing magical about it - it just diverts traffic to closer nodes, which enables requests to go through faster - if there are no Cloudflare servers locally, you might as well drop it alltogether - however, other people might experience better speed, if they're situated at other locations.

PoPSiCLe, May 18, 2016 IP
    Furquan Ahmed likes this.
  9. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    Free SSL is never a good option anyways. CloudFlare is terrible IMO. And PoPSiCLe is right, Google PSI could also be giving you false pos/neg. When I buy hosting I take server locations into account depending on the website I'm creating. Right now my hosting company has servers located in Dallas, Texas. This is a central location in the US. Making it much more easy for people in North America to access my site. Now people in Russia for example may have a slower load average because of the distance. Right now if you where in the US, my marketplace/forum has a load time of 751ms...That is faster than FaceBook. :) (even though facebook is uber large) In closing buy hosting closest to your target audience and look at Comodo SSL, its like $6 a year.

HostWinds_Jesse, May 30, 2016 IP
  10. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Free SSL doesn't HAVE to be bad - using Let's Encrypt myself (which is free, but not hosted) and it doesn't really affect my pages negatively as far as I can tell.

PoPSiCLe, May 31, 2016 IP
  11. Furquan Ahmed

Best Answers:
    CloudFlare free SSL also worked well on my site. The problem was them I have changed my theme & now I am getting 85/100 .

Furquan Ahmed, May 31, 2016 IP
  12. Kaas

Kaas Member

Best Answers:
    Install free letsencrypt certificates on your server and enable HTTP2. Cloudflare with SSL works but it can slow down. If concerned only about the pagespeed score then just follow the recommendations, usually optimizing javascript and css delivery will help.

Kaas, May 31, 2016 IP
  13. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then why don't you revert back to using http?

ForgottenCreature, Aug 13, 2016 IP