1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Builder Script or Template Management System?? Not Sure of Correct Term...

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by WildeWebMarketing, May 21, 2016.

I have been Googling all night and haven't been able to find anything, so hopefully someone here knows what I'm trying to accomplish:

For example, there are many affiliate companies where a seller signs up and gets a free website. They pick a premade template, fill out a form with their name, bio, contact info, upload a logo, and other misc. details and click save. Now they have a full website and the only thing that changes is from the fields they filled out.

I would like to have that capability, but for industry specific templates, such as a plumber needs a website, signs up, picks from a few great looking plumbing templates, fills out some fields on a form, uploads a couple of images and, boom, he has a plumbing website, no coding, no drag and drop, tightly controlled layout. The content he provided in the form inputs auto fills predefined blocks on the template.

A lot of affiliate sites do the same thing, so what script or software are they using to accomplish this? What is this functionality called?

Thank you for your help!

WildeWebMarketing, May 21, 2016 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could probably do this relatively easily with wordpress running in network mode but you would probably have to install whatever theme yourself and there would be a range of things to consider since you are talking about selling products. It is otherwise pretty easy to make wordpress auto provision say affiliate.site.com or site.com/affiliate. Its mostly a matter of what you need those sites to actually do and if you need to aggregate a bunch of random folks on your home page instance.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, May 21, 2016 IP