1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi, I want to run a forum.. I need help

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by seotraining93, May 17, 2016.

Hi Everyone, after a long time i'm back here again. I need help in starting a forum, how to start and where to start...can some one help me out, how to start it. I'm doing R & D on this but i din't get it how to make it work. Thanks in advance.

seotraining93, May 17, 2016 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of help would you like? Which forum engine to choose? A domain name? Help with people that should register in the beginning? I would advise you to be more specific :)

patco, May 18, 2016 IP
  3. Sroids

Sroids Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you need to choose what forum software will you use free or premium?

Sroids, May 18, 2016 IP
  4. seotraining93

seotraining93 Member

Best Answers:
    currently i need help, how to make people register in my forum to happen discussions and prior to that im using free forum is that okay my forum link http://sharpmouth.proboards.com/ ..if not what is suggested.. and i need step by step procedure how to take my forum forward

seotraining93, May 19, 2016 IP
  5. Sroids

Sroids Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    up to you, but if i was you , i would go with premium forum.

Sroids, May 19, 2016 IP
  6. seotraining93

seotraining93 Member

Best Answers:
    ok, but if i want my forum has to get more visitors and participants what should i do..? i need guidance. Please can you help me out

seotraining93, May 20, 2016 IP
  7. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no need to skip to premium. You can start off free and when you start seeing decent activity, you can upgrade. What I recommend to do is find out if your current host (assuming it's a free host) provides you with the ability to get the database and move to another host at any point in the future. Otherwise you'd be stuck with them forever.

@seotraining93 You need something that people can't get elsewhere. For example, if there are forums out there for your topic of interest but none of those forums have serious discussions about the topic or is filled with "crap posts", another competitor forum can benefit after getting noticed.

At this point in time, forums are saturated and it's likely people can find a place to talk X topic about. So you may need something else that may get the person's attention to sign up. For example, at a cooking forum you can offer help when people ask questions, provide tips/tricks where people seek more information and/or run cooking competitions.

Frost1, May 20, 2016 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  8. seotraining93

seotraining93 Member

Best Answers:
    I understood your concern towards me..but how do i get visitors and participants for my forum...do i need to do offpage promotion for my forum....
    if it is not so..please let me know how to do promotion...TIA

seotraining93, May 20, 2016 IP
  9. Sroids

Sroids Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're right but i wouldn't sign up to free forum unless it would offer something IMPORTANT, which op doesn't have.. Buy a premium forum, domain name and hosting account.

You can buy premium licence on digital forums, you can get them for cheap. Domain name is $10 a year, some companys offer for free upon purchasing web-hosting plan, which is not much also.

Sroids, May 20, 2016 IP
  10. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you will need to drive traffic to your forum. To do this you need to start becoming established. Posts topics on other forums and use your awareness there to generate traffic to your site. Starting off with shared hosting is the best idea then grow as your forum does. There is no need to spend money on something you don't need. For instance we offer shard hosting for 6.50 a month that has everything you need for you forum. If you want to know more let me know.

HostWinds_Jesse, May 31, 2016 IP