1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying food odering online + restaurant basic site needed

Discussion in 'Programming' started by dnxoom, May 18, 2016.

iam based in india i need online food ordering for my website

sample site justshawarma.co.in

...Pm me with details easy and effective way to do it...with quote and time needed

let me know if we can use this script https://www.gloriafood.com/

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    dnxoom, May 18, 2016 IP
  2. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That sample site is not easy or quick to build and it's going to cost you a lot of money.

coreygeer, May 18, 2016 IP
  3. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Mr Brilliant is back! This comment made my day.... It's one of the easiest sites i have seen to replicate and is in no way "expensive" to make. Even tho i'm not entirely sure what "a lot" means to you! :D

cLogik, May 18, 2016 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have been wrestling with this sort of thing myself quite a bit lately. Largely because my local competition churns out complete shit starting at 3000 dollars for a wordpress site that would take me about 3 hours.

With that in mind. I did manage to flesh this one out entirely modular and on wordpress for about 120 dollars worth of stuff + sms costs which, at a glance, are entirely trivial. Should be in and out of here pretty quickly. Add another 20 bucks and you can grab a phone app from code canyon as well but I would have to check on the payment processor for that.

As general rule I typically agree entirely with Corey, though. This place has collectively lost its mind lol..

N.

Nigel Lew, May 18, 2016 IP
  5. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You mean, you made this specific project for $120 ?

cLogik, May 18, 2016 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    God No. It's about 120 of commercial stuff I require to get it done fast and not so crazy expensive. After about 30 min. of due diligence the only real work here is dealing with his menu.

Probably more like 80 bucks as well actually. I can wing the front end with something I already own.

N.

7. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Haha, started to wonder :p What solutions did you come up with? Using Wordpress i figured i need roughly $40 worth of commercial stuff :p

cLogik, May 18, 2016 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am not sure it would be prudent for me to iterate how I am going to do this as neither of us seems to have sealed the deal yet lol... I think he is probably gone for the day. Easy stuff though, woo commerce + his required payment gateway which is free it seems, sms plugin is 18 or something, and I am vaguely thinking foodify but I need to go snipe it from a pirate channel so I can take a look at it. It doesn't look very nice but at a glance its adopting theme related matters and its installed on a crappy theme.

9. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hehe, shouldn't have any worries on my end. I don't endorse or recommend the use of Wordpress to anyone unless they run a blog or a news related website. Such recommendations is what "web developers" give. Not real programmers ;)

cLogik, May 18, 2016 IP
  10. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am a brand consultant. I tell folks what to do for a living. I just wind up churning things out for folks in a manner that empowers them to not drive me nuts every time they need to accomplish some sort of secretary level task. I by no stretch of the imagine think that my ability to write presentational(is that actually a word?) code makes me a programmer. Sticking text inside of tags is not programming lol..

11. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    At least you know what you are and what you stand for! Thats way more then most of the "programmers" on this board ;) Average skill-set for programming on this website is equal to the drawing skills of a kindergarten :D

cLogik, May 18, 2016 IP
  12. Valkyrie™

Valkyrie™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, different individual means different perspectives and opinions. One would prefer to do it one way and the other might not deem the same way adequate. Let's be respectful to each other rather than judging how one is going about this. The example site is not really a good example of food ordering service, but something of this category actually need work if you are going to put solid work. You can make quick money if you already have something like this prepared, but to ensure proper security and stability you actually need to put a good amount of effort into this.

And personally, I wouldn't prefer wordpress for this kind of project, would probably go for codeigniter or laravel. Then again, we are all entitled to our opinions, right?

Valkyrie™, May 18, 2016 IP
  13. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's not a matter of opinions but skill set as everyone likes to do a job as per his skill set :)

Shahzad Jameel, Jun 8, 2016 IP