1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! I have problems with hosting but company does not answer anymore

Discussion in 'Outages' started by rgugli, May 10, 2016.

?

Anyone can help me?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hello,
    i am really worried with a problem in my webhosting and dont find a way to solve it.
    I have a service called GIGA in a hosting company called "MEWEBHOST" www.mewebhost.com
    and last month they have a lot of trouble with their servers and had a lot of complications to solve it.
    Now, since friday, everytime i send an email to most clients bounces, it comes back a message like this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
    A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

It happen with most emails i send, but the main problem is that i am looking for support in the web hosting support ticket site. The problem is that the company states that there is a response time from 10 minutes to 1 hour:

Existing ME WEBHOST clients can receive technical support via Live Chat or this ticket system 24 hours/day, 7 days/week -- average Support Response time is just under 10 minutes with an average resolution time of 15 minutes for minor issues and 1 hour for complex issues.

My problem is that since yesterday that I have placed a ticket there is no response, in the meantime i have sent some more messages thru ticket support center but no answers come.
    I am worried because:
    - problem is not solved
    - there is no answer what makes me think or their is a major problem, or they have bankrupt! and that worries me more.

Does anyone know about mewebhost status? can anyone help me?
    if no answer, may i move all my info immediately to other company?

thanks for your support!
    Ricardo

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
    rgugli, May 10, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I have no clue about the hosting company, but here's what you should do:
    1. Backup everything. Make sure you have all the files, and a database backup, if you can access control panel / phpmyadmin / something
    2. Move to a reputable host - as I said, I have no experience with the company, and I don't know what kind of hosting you have (shared, VPS, something else), but there are plenty of good hosting providers out there.
    3. Don't go for the cheapest option. That is rarely smart.

However, if there are ongoing problems, and the helpdesk is swamped with stuff to do, it might take longer to get an answer. Typical response times are rarely worth anything if there is a crisis. Of course, if there is a crisis, they should tell people what to expect, but... yeah. It states that live chat is available - have you tried reaching them that way? Or, if possible, via phone?

PoPSiCLe, May 12, 2016 IP
  3. rgugli

rgugli Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice, yes, i will do that!!!
    When i signed with them some years ago they had chat, email, phone and ticket support. Today just ticket. Finally after 5 days they answered a ticket saying they had a major problem but is solved. But this is the second time in two months of 4-5 days with server down. I will take the chance of going to a new hosting.
    Best regards,
    great forum for help!

rgugli, May 12, 2016 IP
  4. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    I only need to read your headline to be able to tell you to switch hosting providers. If they cannot take the time to simply answer a ticket which takes 3 minutes. Then they are not worth keeping. The number one thing when looking at a hosting company is the support they offer. We even encourage people to send us a live chat, even if you are not a client of ours (yet lmao) just to show we are here and will always be here.

HostWinds_Jesse, May 30, 2016 IP
  5. DCTS Solutions

DCTS Solutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Like everyone says, grab a backup but in the meantime while your working on that, find a new host, one that can attempt to move your account as part of a free transfer included in the plan. If they won't simply offer to help then use the backup to restore everything and you should be good to, if you need help I will be more than happy to assist with it.

DCTS Solutions, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  6. Roger S

Roger S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I am not sure if you problem is solved yet or not.
    I have a couple of suggestion to make.
    1. Switching a host is never a good decision to make when u do not have good reasons about the new host, you switch in a rush and all goes sideways.

2. You have been a customer with the current host for some time so you have a respect here, they see u are a valued customer i,e if you have not been using free hosting of course.

issues like DDos attacks, brute force attacks, network not available etc happen all the time in hosting industry as I can say from my personal experience, but that does not mean that the provider is bad.

These are some golden rules that you should always follow when you have a site.
    > Take regular backups on a local machine or at least remote backups that are not on the server.
    > Use a monitoring service like Pingdom, uptime etc...
    > At least visit your site once a couple of days at least.

*********Cheap hosting companies 80% times do not take blame for issues that customers face. They can roll out anytime and close down the next day. Get reviews and references and then move hosts.
    Hope that helps.

Roger S, Jul 10, 2016 IP
  7. Anonymously[dot]io

Anonymously[dot]io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    MeWebHost sounds like a reseller. Pick a hosting provider more wisely next time. Make sure they have a professional team, as well as their own servers. A Livechat is a good starting indication how well their support is.

Anonymously[dot]io, Jul 10, 2016 IP