1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I drive traffic from social networks?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by FarrisFahad, Apr 25, 2016.

I want to drive traffic from social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. I don't know how to get fans on these networks. How can I grow my fan base and send traffic to my website?

FarrisFahad, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  2. fisasti

fisasti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Farris. Starting seems difficult, but actually it's a matter of time. In my experience, if you have a user-friendly and search engine-friendly website, things will improve as the time goes by. Make sure you're website is connected and uses the different social plugins. Once you get more fans in FB and the others social networks, you start providing your own content and generating a bond between the social network page and your new fans.

Try to think what's the content that the users would like to see

fisasti, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  3. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for your reply. I have the plugins in my website, but due to a lack of high traffic I am not getting any new fans. Is there any way I can get more free fans without spamming?

FarrisFahad, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  4. fisasti

fisasti Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think traffic is the most important thing. Having fans allows you to have a stable amount of users that you can interact with whenever you want.
    I guess what i want to say is that traffic and fans should not be thought separately but two parts of the same thing, two things that are extremely connected.
    Try to think what type of content would take someone that doesn't know you site to engage within a social media enviroment.

If you're really at a 0 point in terms of traffic and fans i would recommend you to look for websites, blogs, forums, etc who have readers/users that might be interested in your content.

Good luck!

fisasti, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  5. FemaleAdda

FemaleAdda Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to do just that.. but it was considered spamming by many. I guess to find niche is really difficult unless you are targeting people form web development, web designing, seo, smo group.
    those forums are available in abundance. And people really do help out.

FemaleAdda, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make interesting and engaging posts, tweets, etc. Include a link to your blog or site when appropriate.

danasurvey, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  7. Manish Kaushik

Manish Kaushik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is the king my friend. So first understand your target audience and then write the posts accordingly and then see the traffic on your portal.

Manish Kaushik, Apr 29, 2016 IP
  8. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    For starters, you should be joining other similar Facebook groups and try to befriend as many people as possible. Be active on those groups and then send a friend request to those people. If you have your own business Page, you should create targeted Facebook Ads and then drive Facebook people to that Page with your Ads. You then post up links on your Facebook Page back to your website. Your Facebook Page followers will now have a way to visit your website.

Also worth having are social buttons on your website to encourage sharing of your posts.

Pinterest is easy. All you do post up images and/or youtube videos on your blog / website. Pin these images / youtube videos up to your Pinterest account. Then follow as many people on Pinterest and comment on as many similar pins as much as possible. Now you're getting followers, who then will click on the URL listed under your pins. Now you're getting traffic from Pinterest.

WebmasterPhil, Apr 30, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BTW, what is your theme/niche? Whatever and wherever you post or write, it should also be related to your theme sites. Search for all the fan pages on facebook of your niche and like them all, so you will be updated whenever they post something. Try to be the most frequent person to react or comment, give your genuine opinion. The most real you will be, the more people will be friendly with you. After commenting or giving suggestions on those popular fan pages, you can reply to those people who have some meaningful comments and try to get involved in a healthy conversation.

This way you can get more friends and traffic from such social networks. Its just like to get an attention, you first need to pay attention to those who count, read them, listen to them well and then interfere.

China_girl, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  10. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    Share very interesting and eye catching content that will engage people, and utilize hash tags to get it seen by more people. If you are just starting out and don't have many followers, start creating and joining other conversations and people will want to follow you.

Nick B., May 1, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont forget to put watermarks(your website url) on your media contents videos and pictures.

geekos, May 2, 2016 IP
  12. Fredi

Fredi Member

Best Answers:
    Do you want to bring traffic from your Fan page? If you want to bring traffic from your Fan you have to increase amount of like on your Fan page. I think it is better to spend some money on Facebook Ads rather than Fan page. If you can run your Ads effectively, you can easily bring a huge amount of traffic.

Fredi, May 2, 2016 IP
  13. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just have useful content on your pages......Then spam like you'v never spammed before my friend! Just start interacting with with other people/pages/groups that are in your subject area, eventually some people will start to like your pages and then iv found its like a snowball effect, once a few people start taking action all their friends do as well.

dddougal, May 11, 2016 IP
  14. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably the worst advice is the shit people are spewing in this thread.
    Sure it might get you some likes and make a few bucks, but nothing long term that will last.

Stop trying to solve the problem of getting "people" to your website from social. Instead solve this problem:
    "how do I get 1 person who is interested in the subject of my website, over to my website?"

You'll come to realize the answer to that question is to actually have a *real* interaction with this 1 person. Engage with them, befriend them.

Do this over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Then.... do it 100 more times. Each time build a real relationship with this 1 person on social.

Then your problem isn't something as ambiguous as "more traffic for me website, how do i trick these people and get them to my website"

It turns into, how can I find and search out to find awesome people interested in what my website is all about.

Or you can listen to the trash people are posting about hashtags and fuckin watermarks.

phaze3131, May 11, 2016 IP
  15. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would listen to the trash

dddougal, May 12, 2016 IP
  16. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have the same tasks) In my own experience, very important to be very active! Use interesting and creative information and share with this post! As for me, I use different story for my friends!

JudySlean, May 13, 2016 IP
  17. PaulHThomas

PaulHThomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The main secret of driving traffic from any of the social media sites is that you need to first make friends and increase your following and thereafter work on sharing your content with people and make them to like your post.

PaulHThomas, Oct 24, 2016 IP