1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Landing pages with different domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Perry Verrelst, May 1, 2016.

Dear,

I'm developing a beer web shop for the moment, let's simply call it beerwebshop.com. I think I already have your attention ;)

I have translated all productpages and information pages into English, French, Dutch and German, all covered by the same domain name beerwebshop.com. I'm mainly aiming at the following markets : Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, UK and France. In order to do so I'm thinking about buying domain names in those languages. A few examples :

- onlinebeer.co.uk
    - koopbieronline.nl
    - acheterdelabiere.fr
    - biereenligne.fr
    - bierkaufen.de

I believe it is no longer beneficial to simply redirect those domain names to my beerwebshop.com site. Therefore I'm thinking about creating landing pages with content about the topic of the concerning domain name. So in this case I would have to write a text in German about 'Bier Kaufen', a text in Dutch about 'Koop bier online'... Here are some questions :

1. Is this a good idea?
    2. Is it better to include these text pages into the beerwebshop.com site and then 301 redirect the domain to this page? Or is it better to create an entire new website, only containing these landing pages with matching domain names and then put a link of beerwebshop.com somewhere in the text?
    3. What are the consequences for the SEO of my beerwebshop.com pages?
    4. Extra tips or a better strategy is always welcome.

Thank you very much in advance and I'm looking forward to the responses.

Cheers

Perry Verrelst, May 1, 2016 IP
  2. mixing

mixing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to rank the domains in different Google regions (such as UK, NL, US, IN..etc) then having a domain in that country code will definitely help. You may also want to focus on getting links to those sites from other country code domains as well. For example, if you are trying to rank an NL site it probably helps to get links from other NL sites (better if also hosted in NL) pointing back to yours.

mixing, May 11, 2016 IP
  3. domainmarket.io

domainmarket.io Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think option 2 is the best idea.

domainmarket.io, May 20, 2016 IP
  4. Samim Noorzai TGC

Samim Noorzai TGC Member

Best Answers:
    Every domain name will be considered as separate website by Search Engines, the way that you won't get impressive results in your rankings in the long run. Do you have that much time to build links, write the same content and do the same off-page and on-page SEO for each translated website? That's a bad idea really.
    If you have already bought the domains, try a permanent redirect to the main branch. Your website should be switched to different languages when used to.
    Just my opinion!
    Thanks

Samim Noorzai TGC, May 22, 2016 IP