1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote Technology news youtube channel?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rajamanickam.a, May 10, 2016.

I am running a News channel in youtube. It primarily focuses on Science and technology news. I would like to know about various ways to promote the videos/channel so that people who are interested in watching technology news can find it.

rajamanickam.a, May 10, 2016 IP
  2. erenhan1

erenhan1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to improve your channel is simply but satisfied descriptions, publishing blogger even if it can be junk blog but I prefer with totally manual and different descriptions. when you publishing this posts on blogger just be careful that your video should be indexed by google not just youtube after that you should publish.finally g+, share your videos, add people from the related category,join related groups and publish on there your contents manually.Dont touch any other products,use just google products,linked all these 3 platforms. I hope these pieces of information can be efficient for you or pay adwords for youtube marketing and sit your couch

erenhan1, May 10, 2016 IP
  3. seo_matic

seo_matic Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can try using Reddit and Pinterest. I get a lot of visitors from these two sites.

seo_matic, May 10, 2016 IP
  4. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Which subreddit I need to use for submitting technews videos? It seems no technology related subreddit is allowing youtube video submission.

rajamanickam.a, May 10, 2016 IP
  5. whodunit

whodunit Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend sharing your videos on tech communities, forums and message boards. There's online communities in every niche imaginable if you just do a little research.

whodunit, May 12, 2016 IP
    siteslikecraigslist likes this.
  6. mike30

mike30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create a blog. Make comments and reviews about specific videos.
    Having your own blog is a huge advantage to target your audience. You also have much more flexibility to add reviews as much as you like. Also. Make useful comments in blogs alike.

mike30, May 12, 2016 IP
  7. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, but you seem like a guy who will spam forums and online channels. But never the less, here are some tips on how to get people to see your videos.
    Find tech related subreddits and start engaging. Talk to people, ask questions, answer questions and share a link here and there. If you spam and self-promote, you get banned from subreddits. It is no joke, if you get into a tech forum and you publish only your videos, after 3-4 weeks a moderator will ban you. If you use Reddit right, it should be alright.

Get on Twitter. Follow bigger Tech News outlets and engage with their tweets. Reply, start conversations and so on. People tend to check the comments and if you are interesting enough, they might visit your profile which leads to your channel.

Facebook can be also a powerful tool. Use Facebook groups and get in touch with your audience in the groups. Same here. Ask, answer and share a link here and there.

G+ is a good platform for techies. Find the right communities and start engaging.

Next to all the targeted social activities, you can join video based groups like /r/video on Reddit or the YouTube community on G+ and just share your links there. If you title is interesting enough, people will like it more frequently.

Also, a good idea is to engage on YouTube itself. Watch industry related videos, leave comments, especially good ones, because they get upvoted and you might end up on the top of the comment section and people will tend to visit your profile. Don't use stupid tactics like: "I have a YouTube channel, please check the link out.". This is just pathetic. Everything is about adding value to your audience and community.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, May 16, 2016 IP
  8. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    reddit

adhere to the rule of 9 posts from elsewhere one of yours and you'll be fine. Don't post dump be a redditor not a spammer.

Mybulen, May 21, 2016 IP
  9. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    Reddit,Pinterest and stumbleupon are best.

seoaceindia, May 22, 2016 IP
  10. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here are some tips that can help you to promote your YouTube channel:
    - make your video searchable (compelling title, use keywords and make strong emphasis);
    - video description (solve your audience problems, offer solutions and entertain them);
    - make them short (which will depend on the sort of your video);
    - page layout (be sure and use the "Player View", create playlists);
    - get a custom channel (this channel will help represent your message better);
    - annotating your channel (they help to drive people to a sale, get them to another video or video link on your site);
    - promote your channel (Facebook, Twitter, etc);
    - YouTube got a real boost from Google+ (it is a great way to shre and comment on videos).

TomRider, May 23, 2016 IP
  11. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, I think it is interesting idea to do such YouTube channel! I’ll suggest you some good tips in this issue!
    - Try to make weekly educational videos.
    - Use famous branding.
    - Create a Trailer.
    - Promote your videos through your social media outlets.
    I think such easy things will help you)

JudySlean, May 25, 2016 IP
  12. CakeRake

CakeRake Member

Best Answers:
    the first think you should be doing is getting your family and friends to watch your videos

the momentum you build up will help you out in the long run

CakeRake, May 25, 2016 IP