1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Request Help on Netfirms ftp Problems. Sorry can't post on the Webhosting Section Yet

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by SearchMarketing, Mar 24, 2008.

I have purchased a hosting account with a freedomain for 10$ from netfirms. Everything ran fine at first. No cpanel, no unzippable file manager module but still acceptable.

Until 30 minutes later, I was not able to log on using my ftp account through file zilla so i decided to create a new ftp user, still didn't work. I continued changing the ftp passwords still didn't work so i try to check it out using web ftp. Here was the result looked like.

* About to connect() to 55.11.000.000 port 21
    * Trying 87.98.200.117... connected
    * Connected to 55.11.000.000 (55.11.000.000) port 21
    < 220 Gene6 FTP Server v3.10.0 (Build 2) ready...

> USER *****
    < 331 Password required for **

> PASS *******
    < 530 Login or Password incorrect.
    * Access denied: 530
    * Closing connection #0

Now i need to upload thousands of files. What should I do? Any suggestion?

SearchMarketing, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  2. Onin

Onin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    getting the same error as above? any help?

Onin, May 9, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And... what does Netfirms support say?

The error is quite straight forward - either the username, or the password is wrong. There can be many reasons for that, perhaps a change in policy for user names? Maybe it's a complete email-address, or something else entirely. The password can also trip you up - worst case is that you have a different keyboard setup where you create the account to your actual home computer, making the same keyboard-pressings have different meaning. However, it's impossible to say if that's the case, without access to the server. Talk to Netfirms support.

PoPSiCLe, May 9, 2016 IP
  4. habangnet

habangnet Member

Best Answers:
    It will be best contacting Netfirm, since your hosting is with them, only them who know what wrong.

I not sure, what setting netfirm use on the FTP server, you can try using on the ftp client username to see whether it would anot.

habangnet, May 10, 2016 IP