1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Decided to remove adsense after 8 years

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by olddocks, Mar 16, 2016.

1. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Huh?

pmf123, Apr 15, 2016 IP
  2. The Soul Explorer

The Soul Explorer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi! For me, giving up $100 monthly from Adsense is a wise choice.

If the ads are shown on your website which is not related to the content of your article is not worth it.

The reader, I guess, disturbs upon reading on your article. What are your alternative ads to be placed on your site?

The Soul Explorer, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  3. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense used to be the only one but iv found recently others are better performing and a lot less......Shall we say strict.

dddougal, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  4. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    adsense is god, i cant live without google adsense.

i made 3 more new sites, will put ads on them after1-2-3monthswhenmysites get visitors, hope it will work

my news sites are health related
    insurance related
    and general blog.

indiasbull, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  5. wordpressdev

wordpressdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As others have observed, if you have Adsense on a site for 8 years and make only $100, something is not correct with the site. It could be the content, traffic or ad placement etc.

Adsense is what we call a low hanging fruit. It is for the lazy and beginners who want to quickly monetize your site, or it is to fill the remaining unused inventory on your site. Depending on your niche, and traffic, you can make $100/day (or more) from Amazon and other affiliate programs or direct advertisers.

The reason Adsense is not working well for most publishers is because it mainly relies on ads from Google Adwords. So you are basically earning from what the advertisers pay to Google to run their ads across its network. And, as customers are always right, Google has to keep its customers as top priority and giving them the best bang for their buck. While Adsense publishers are at the receiving end and get unexplained deductions (click fraud?) and account suspensions etc.

It is always recommended not to put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your revenue stream and keep exploring.

wordpressdev, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  6. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    It use to be easy money to make money from Adsense. But Google kept changing the game with its updates. Then the Ad Blockers became popular and probably up to half (I'm guessing here) of all viewers don't see Ads at all. Another strike against Adsense is that people are spending more time on social networks, like Facebook and Twitter, so PPC on search engines isn't the only choice for advertisers to place Ads on.

WebmasterPhil, May 1, 2016 IP
  7. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are able to make up for this $100 loss then yes it's fine to remove adsense.
    But before removing adsense I would have made sure it was not only $100 because of my bad ad placement.
    If you're sure you were using adsense correctly and it was bringing in only $100 a month, then it's no big deal to remove it and replace it by more profitable things.
    I mean, if you need the money of course..

JamesColin, May 5, 2016 IP
  8. DaveFG

DaveFG Member

Best Answers:
    You can opt out of displaying ads based on the visitors search history and display them based on the content of your site - here you go
    https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/142293?hl=en

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    DaveFG, May 9, 2016 IP
  9. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This doesn't do what you think it does. You simply remove your site from helping google track visitor's history, but the ads shown on your site will be history-based if adsense chooses to.

"However, you cannot opt out of showing ads to users based on their previous interactions with the advertiser, such as visits to an advertiser's website."

Only individual visitors can choose to be excluded from history-based ad showing, by doing some complicated things, so no visitor opts-out of history based ad showing, and surely webmasters can't choose to not show history-based ads to their visitors.

JamesColin, May 9, 2016 IP
  10. DaveFG

DaveFG Member

Best Answers:
    It does both and it's fairly effective.
    upload_2016-5-9_18-45-24.png Interest-based ads – show ads based on user interest categories, and allow the use of visitation information from my site to help create interest categories

DaveFG, May 9, 2016 IP
  11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think it does. Someone having visited irobot site will still see ads for irobot on your site even with this option disabled. You can't control that, only the visitor can, for himself.

12. DaveFG

DaveFG Member

Best Answers:
    OK, let's agree to disagree

DaveFG, May 9, 2016 IP
  13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No problem :)
    Although I don't get why you wouldn't agree with my statement with this text from Google itself :
    "You can opt out of showing ads that are based on user interest and demographic categories (for example, 'sports enthusiasts' or 'inferred age: 18-34'). In turn, Google will not use visitation information from your sites to help create interest and demographic categories. However, you cannot opt out of showing ads to users based on their previous interactions with the advertiser, such as visits to an advertiser's website."

In other words, you CAN not show ads based on demographics and interests (gathered from other adsense sites) of your visitors, but you CAN'T not show ads based on visitor's browsing history. Such as ads for this or that product once they have visited a shopping site or brand site who use adwords for remarketing.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  14. DaveFG

DaveFG Member

Best Answers:
    I do agree with you. I'm sorry I was on a different planet. I was only talking about the visitors browsing history in general, and not previous visits to advertisers' websites. Although quite possible, this would need:
    a) Your visitor having previously visited another website
    b) The previous website currently running an Adwords campaign
    Obviously the more websites the visitor has visited, the more chances there are that ads irrelevant to you content will be shown. Providing the previous websites were in a different niche of course.

DaveFG, May 9, 2016 IP
  15. Paul Martin Luther

Paul Martin Luther Member

Best Answers:
    Your topic about "Decided to remove adsense after 8 years" provoked a lot of thoughts in readers.
    On one hand, those not making income or sufficient income from Adsense, would love to be in the shoes of those already making income from it. This group of people need to find out and overcome issues and root causes for unable to generate income worthy to keep Adsense codes in their website.
    On the other hand, those confident of better income elsewhere, would leave Adsense for alternatives. Those unable of generating their targeted income from Adsense might also leave for something more worthy of their time and effort too.
    OK straight to the point (about not using Adsense), there are other opportunities to make good income from selling own products using an affiliate system. Reason being so, is because why would you as the website owner promote/market other people's products that pops up regularly in your website when you can sell the products yourself and enjoy higher income.
    In summary, there are obviously pros and cons to the topic.
    Know yourself and your website's objectives and evaluate your objectives, goals and achievements.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Paul Martin Luther, May 17, 2016 IP
    corporatemanager likes this.
  16. Viral Google News

Viral Google News Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have a website and concentrate on only adsense, you will never cover cost. Try other ad networks and see whats best for you.

Viral Google News, May 18, 2016 IP
  17. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How much is your cost?!

I think most of us have sites on a VPS, and cost is probably 50c a month for each site LOL

pmf123, May 18, 2016 IP
  18. Viral Google News

Viral Google News Banned

Best Answers:
    I pay $10/year for a domain, $6 per month for VPS, $9/month to Max CDN and I have to dedicate much time everyday to make posts, share on social media and my fan page. I get around $100-150 per month with adsense but making 2-3 times the same amount on other Ad Networks. I hope this brings sense to you.

Viral Google News, May 19, 2016 IP
  19. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    may i know if you dont mind, which website is better than google adsense ?

indiasbull, May 19, 2016 IP
  20. Viral Google News

Viral Google News Banned

Best Answers:
    Indiasbull, I'm not revealing it here. We're here to talk about google adsense and not tips and tricks for other Ad networks :)

Viral Google News, May 19, 2016 IP