1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make money from bad traffic?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JoseYe, Jan 12, 2016.

1. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lol. You could update your signature to remove QwikAd.com it's no longer relevant to you.

As for a failed social media web site I had. In deed it failed, however I made over $35k with it and I still consider it a failure but I would never change a thing about it. As for a mediocre job, you have no idea who I am, what I do, or even what my background is. Hell, you wouldn't even know what I do or even my name lol. Again, remember where you went on a rant about assumptions? Kind of like the kettle calling the pot black. And I absolutely have something to show for my job and my projects =) I think qwikad.com being exposed really got you down. Relax, you have other projects and seem to be rolling in the dough.

NetStar, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And why the hell would I do that? Just because some idiot from a forum told me to? Incredible.
    I am totally relaxed and in a stable state of mind, unlike some. And you've only exposed what I mentioned previously: A disturbed, hurt individual that you are.

And on that note, I am out NetStar. You can keep talking to yourself though. You seem to be having fun with it.

qwikad.com, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, this much fun and I'm NOT involved, only mentioned? I must be slipping.

deathshadow, Jan 16, 2016 IP
    wwstewart and qwikad.com like this.
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let me guess out to go update the ol' classified web site?

NetStar, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think he means out of the closet...about time too.

malky66, Jan 16, 2016 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Setting aside the squabbling -- just to say something even more offensive to start a whole new set of squabbles...

Pay to click is a giant sham, as you are now discovering; just like advertising. The handful of people REALLY making money from it are the ones to scam people using the same two emotional responses -- fear and hope -- that have driven psuedo-science quackery and snake oil salesmanship from the day Grok hollowed out a rock, pissed in it, and sold it to Crag as a hair tonic. I have watched it TANK many websites as for all intents and purposes it's a drain on resources you can't monetize. Gets worse when it's a forums -- how many fairly active forums the past six or seven years were flipped to new owners that immediately dove for "paid traffic" to pretend to be more active, only to drive the legitimate users away? I can think of several dozen on the subject of web development ALONE..

There used to be a saying that "there's no such thing as bad traffic" but when people are coming JUST because they're getting paid to click, or paid to visit and not after the content, that is most certainly "bad traffic".

But regardless, you want to monetize traffic that comes down to two things:

1) content of value people want.

2) content of value people want.

I realize that this is in fact only one thing, but it's such a colossal sticking point I felt it needed to be repeated.

Content of value, in as accessible a manner as possible will drive legitimate traffic. Once you have that legitimate traffic things like advertising can only get you so far (usually paying hosting costs and that's it) and is about as big a bit of gambling as playing the stock market. There's a reason it's called playing.

Truly making a profit usually involves having something -- ANYTHING -- people are willing to pay for. A product. If you don't have that, no amount of fly-by-night get-rich-quick scams is going to help; be it the artsy-fartsy designer scam from a new off the shelf template, the SEO "expert" sleazebags bragging about getting you ranked #1 for a term nobody is even searching for on the topic of your site, or the hollow promises of revenue from advertisers.

All of which to be frank has less legitimacy than Amway, Mary Kay, or late night infomercial "make money fast in real estate". At BEST the only people making money off it are the people running those scams; who pretty much do a Billy Joe and Bobby Sue when you go belly up inside a year.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    deathshadow, Jan 16, 2016 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  7. siteslikecraigslist

siteslikecraigslist Member

Best Answers:
    We understand according to the topic of discussion here, ... is that ...it seems it does not matter, as long as you can just make money from bad traffic.
    Well, we will offer 3 suggestions, as per the question raised:-
    1. Carefully choose suitable advertising companies ie cost-per-click and place your affiliate link codes strategically in your website.
    2. Sell advertising space in your website.
    3. Sell your domain name (and provide proof you are getting traffic and additionally write down your domain age.. aged domain has value).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    siteslikecraigslist, Feb 28, 2016 IP
  8. Joseph_F

Joseph_F Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would say try to get in the heads of the the people doing the clicking. I used to show PTC ads to PTC traffic - a small percentage converted. You could also run a pixel size iframe with a bitcoin script behind it. Basically bitmining - not sure if that works anymore - feel free to correct me anyone.

Joseph_F, Feb 28, 2016 IP
  9. Diego Herrera

Diego Herrera Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi JoseYe, you could also look for free cpa offers that could be very general and that many people would be attract it to.

They may pay very little though but it could be a start.

Diego Herrera, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  10. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh the glory of conversation here is fantastic, no one is actually answering the poor dude who asked the question. I'm not an expert in this area to weigh in or I would. Good luck buddy getting some answers.

Mehdi.b, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  11. WebScavenger

WebScavenger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well a lot of people sell hits "not real traffic" all the time. Many people know that hit traffic is fake, yet they still buy it for whatever reason. Sadly, many buy it to boost up Alexa ranking and then sell the site on flippa to some newbie who's too ignorant to the game to even know they're getting duped.

WebScavenger, Apr 13, 2016 IP
  12. robin1108

robin1108 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I have a blog site. Here you can write and post unique content. Then I can provide small amount of money. If you interested please PM me.

robin1108, May 8, 2016 IP
  13. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    This is a funny thread. I practically coughed up my tea :rolleyes:

You're not going to make money from from bad traffic. Don't bother with traffic exchanges, PTC, or anything that resembles SU. The bounce rate is so high that's it's not worth the time or effort. Most will not convert to anything.

WebmasterPhil, May 8, 2016 IP