1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Solutions to revenue loss from Adblocking - for publishers

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mrx123, Apr 9, 2016.

Hi Guys

Can you please share your views on how you would solve the adblocking problem for publishers?
    the pros and cons of each solution you might offer.

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your time.

I am involved in the technology side of solutions to help publishers with loss of revenue from adblocking (fairly new..hence still learning :) )

mrx123, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If someone installs an adblocker it can only mean one thing: they don't want to see any ads. Finding a way to circumvent that is not something a publishing company should get engaged into. Ultimately, you'll be doing a huge disservice to the advertisers since their ads will be an unwelcome surprise / nuisance to the people who have an adblocker enabled on their computers.

qwikad.com, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  3. mrx123

mrx123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure I can come to same conclusion saying "they don't want to see ANY ad". Many friends i know use it against malvertising and they don't have any problem seeing ads, they just don't want to be infected. Because adblockers don't offer this differentiation everything is blocked. And as a result publishers suffer.

mrx123, Apr 11, 2016 IP
  4. Jamesthegreat

Jamesthegreat Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you people, though, honestly, more and more ad networks are finding ways to overcome adblock and display their ads anyway. Also, look at the problem from the other perspective, if I am a website owner sharing knowledge and time with people, I expect them to see ads that my profit comes from. If this doesn't happen, I can't afford to pay operating costs of my website and can soon disappear. People who benefit from my experience and use adblock, want to take it all giving nothing in return. It's a bit unfair.

Jamesthegreat, May 4, 2016 IP
  5. Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use native ads and story telling ads. They don't get blocked by the ad blockers and have increased sales and actions for me.

Re's
    Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant, May 23, 2016 IP
  6. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    remember one thing people who block ads are more than likely not going to click any ads if they werent blocking so you are not losing anything. It is the same argument as people who pirate say the latest movie to come out on dvd/blu ray, they were not going to buy it so you haven't lost money.

People block adverts because many blogs look more like adverts than blogs and even your big sites like cnn have so much advertising. A blog should integrate it's advertising so that user doesn't feel surrounded by adverts. I open so some blogs and close em straight away, hard to read with all the flash gifs.

Mybulen, May 23, 2016 IP