1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chrome Resolution Issues

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sixrfan, May 1, 2016.

Riddle me this... i'm trying to mimic the look of a website on my Chrome browser in my Chromebook to my desktop PC.

CHROME IN CHROMEBOOK
    Screen Resolution: 1366px x 768px
    User Agent: Chrome/49.0.2623.112

CHROME IN PC
    Regular Monitor Resolution: 1920px x1080px (recommended)
    Screen Resolution: 1366px x 768px (using Screen Resolution Tester Extension)
    User Agent: Chrome On Windows (using "User-Agent Switcher for Google Chrome Extention)

So why am I unable to reproduce the way the site looks in my Chromebook on my computer? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

sixrfan, May 1, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That information tells us absolutely nothing. How are we supposed to know? A link, pictures of the sites in their different appearance...? Most likely it's some sort of idiotic user-agent detection coupled with some other checks for capabilities or something. But again, without any information apart from your specific setup, we can't tell you.

PoPSiCLe, May 1, 2016 IP
  3. sixrfan

sixrfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not one specific website I have concerns about. I'm concerned about viewing every website slightly differently from one computer to another. I want to find a way two reproduce the look of any website in my chromebook browser on my computer and I dont understand why it's different.

sixrfan, May 1, 2016 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Winblows and Linsux have different font rendering technology, they'll never look the same on that count alone. You figure in different chrome widths, different resolutions, and of COURSE they don't look the same. To even EXPECT them to look the same isn't just unrealistic, it's outright nonsensical.

The different resolution alone means they should never look the same -- well, unless you shrink the size of the window on the larger display, and even then the different window chrome (in this case chrome as in the borders, titlebar, scrollbar and other interface elements) and different rendering technologies will NEVER allow them to be "the same".

You're using different OS at different resolutions, that don't have the same font rendering code and more likely don't even have the same fonts installed -- what's so hard to understand?

deathshadow, May 1, 2016 IP
    PoPSiCLe likes this.
  5. Digineer Designs

Digineer Designs Peon

Best Answers:
    I never have this issue.

Digineer Designs, May 28, 2016 IP