1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Wordpress host good?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Imtrying, Apr 24, 2016.

I'm a newbie, but I got lucky and got a huge viral following on social media, I took advantage of it, first I created a Wordpress website using bluehost.com as a host, the website could only handle 300 users online at any given time and then it would crash. Then I moved over to godaddy, and the Wordpress there costs around $5 bucks a month, however on godaddy I've had 1500 users online at one time and the site didn't crash. So now I'm looking into hosting directly from Wordpress.com, buy the new domain and use their hosting, which I think is free, but can it handle huge amounts of traffic? Or should I stick with godaddy? Godaddys $5 a month Wordpress plan only allows 8000 uniques per month, but last month I got 580k uniques. They said they don't really count it but when they do I'll be billed an arm and a leg. That's why I want to switch to Wordpress, do they charge for how many uniques you get per month? And will my site crash like it did on bluehost?

Imtrying, Apr 24, 2016 IP
  2. mimi morah

mimi morah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well personally, i can't really tell because i've never used blogger to host my account. But from what i've heard, if you want a a good free host then it's pretty much okay. I've only used wordpress themes for my selfhosted website - that's the only contact i've had withwordpress

Well from statistics, if you are looking for a good free web host then word press is the thing for you. Personally, i haven'thad any hosting experience with word press, i have only used their free themes on my selfhosted site

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
    mimi morah, Apr 24, 2016 IP
  3. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your answer is very pointless, are you here to just spam your website? Don't do it, it will never work out for you. There's only one way to promote your content, the legit way, don't fall for any spam or get rich quick ideas, they will never work.

Imtrying, Apr 24, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. UT-Ryan

UT-Ryan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'll put my two cents in: BlueHost is so bad. You should definitely consider looking into the brands owned by Endurance International Group and pretty much avoid them at all costs -- they've got regular downtime, poor support, and policies that are quite sneaky in all honesty. GoDaddy's gone to poop quite recently too, definitely not as bad as EIG (which owns BlueHost). Honestly you could just be running the I/O to a max and the site crashes -- try investing in a low end VPS a smaller hosting company. Try out GreenGeeks or BudgetVM. One thing's for sure: if you have a decent following and you have continuous growth, a shared package won't last much longer.

UT-Ryan, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  5. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, I went with godaddy for now. It has proven itself and didn't crash when there was 1500 online at once

Imtrying, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  6. UT-Ryan

UT-Ryan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alright, well trust me, there are better hosts out there. Good luck with your ventures, though. :)

UT-Ryan, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  7. v2webhosting

v2webhosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Mimi you also use v2webhost, trust me its better hosts.

v2webhosting, Apr 28, 2016 IP