1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't edit the name for config.php.new for vB 4.x?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by sportwiz628, Nov 10, 2015.

Hi guys,

For some reason when I try to install vBulletin 4, it's not letting me edit the config.php.new file and renaming it to config.php

....because it shows up as "config.php" before I did anything....For file type, it still says "NEW file". What do I do to fix this? I can't upload anything until this is done. I'm able to edit the actual document. Just not the actual title to take out the "new".[​IMG]

sportwiz628, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    *headdesk* Really? You're on Windows 10, and you STILL haven't learned to turn on filename extensions? Click on the "view" in the menu, and enable "file name extensions" - now you can remove the extension, which in this case is .new

PoPSiCLe, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  3. orrden

orrden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never did understand why this wasn't set as default.

orrden, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That is a completely valid question - I've never really understood this myself. I assume it's a blend of an attempt to rid us of fileextensions/-types alltogether (which was a goal in the early days of Windows development), and "ease of use" - which quickly came back to bite users in the ass.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  5. orrden

orrden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very likely. Will say I feel like linux does a better job with extensions. Wish windows would follow suit.

orrden, Apr 21, 2016 IP