1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it duplicate content when..

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Spacechimp, Apr 20, 2016.

I want to add some pages to a website.
    The first group of pages will be called products. Each product page describes a single product that we sell in detail and includes images etc.
    The second group of pages I want to add will be called Packages. These package pages will consist of a writeup for the package itself explaining why you might want it and a list of all the products the package contains.
    The products mentioned on the packages pages are taken from the products pages.
    Each listed product will detail the product title, an excerpt an image and a link to the product page.

Ideally I'd like to create several package pages. Each package would have a specific target audience and therefore a unique title and introduction but many will contain very similar groups of products.

When "quoting" from another page on your site can that be considered duplicate content? and if so what's the best way to deal with it? Canonical linking won't work since I want to rank each page separately.

Thanks in advance!

Solved! View solution.
    Spacechimp, Apr 20, 2016 IP
    No, it's not going to be duplicate content as you have enough new content in each new package. You could write a detailed review that gives the user a new point of view. Let's just say you sell cameras, tripods, lenses and filters. You have a page for each one of those products, so in the package you call tell the experience of a professional photographer, why does he use all of those items together.

I hope this give you some new ideas!
    Good luck

fisasti, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  3. Spacechimp

Spacechimp Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent, thank you Fisasti, That is the answer I hoped someone would give. Working for myself I don't have often have anyone else for a second opinion and it was just one of those I thought I'd get confirmed.

Spacechimp, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  4. fisasti

fisasti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great! I'm glad it helped

fisasti, Apr 21, 2016 IP