1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IP.board or Vbulletin 4 or XenForo?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Sheders, Aug 14, 2015.

Hello,

So I'm going to start a new forum for my new community (Gaming Community) so I was wondering. Which forum software would be best for me? Vbulletin / IP.board or XenForo?

Also, if you recommend one of the forum software, please state why that one is better than the others.

I know a lot of other people have asked this question, but the threads I found was from 2013 and I would like to know which forum software that is best right now in 2015.

Thanks!:)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Sheders, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  2. khafan11

khafan11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    IP.board or XenForo

khafan11, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  3. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Xenforo would be great. If I only have to time and skill to move mine to xenforo, I would.
    Their alert system encourages users to participate more thus making the forum busy.

etc, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  4. GulfJoinery

GulfJoinery Member

Best Answers:
    of cource IPB will be the best choice More feature then both VB and XENF

GulfJoinery, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  5. TheMRK

TheMRK Member

Best Answers:
    I'd go with vB4PS. It's very solid and has many really great addons. It's also not taking too many resources.

TheMRK, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  6. orrden

orrden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As a long time forum user and administrator I've used all three. My longest used forum software is vBulletin 4.

However my honest opinion is XenForo. It's solid, the community is great, and has very few reported vulnerabilities compared to IPB and vBulletin.

It's also easy to use, easy to style, and easy to Mod. I highly suggest it.

However it is a bit pricey (not that vBulletin wasn't either) but when you purchase a vBulletin license you get unlimited upgrades and support for the version that you buy.

With XenForo you get one year of upgrades and after that year they expect you to cough up an additional amount (I want to say 40 USD?) for an additional year of upgrades.

orrden, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  7. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    Every forum software has its pitfalls. You will just need to go with the one that best suits your style.

HostWinds_Jesse, May 30, 2016 IP
  8. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I would go with XenForo. IPB doesn't scale well, and vbulletin 4 is not mobile freindly. XenForo is responsive, and that means it adjusts the theme and text size to work on a mobile device. Vbulletin 4 does not do that. It has a mobile style, but it is not very good.

CarpCharacin, Jul 3, 2016 IP