1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't get started with Twitter, don't understand it!

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Edbot, Apr 16, 2016.

can anyone help me? I started with Twitter a long time ago but I just don't "get it"
    Does everyone only see one side of messages ie the response etc? Also I understand the reason for shortening url's by using addresses like tinyurl etc but how?? How do I go about changing a normal url? And how does everyone else know how to do these things?? Is there a website that tells you all this in easy to understand language. I just can't get a handle or real feel for Twitter I end up just retweeting odd things or the odd pointless post then reading one half of posts ie a reply but not earlier posts etc, it's so frustrating!! Just feel like I'm missing out on it all.
    Please help!

Edbot, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I use a browser extension that does the url shortening for me as well as showing me tweets, mentions and messages.
    Basically you just post what you want to say, read what others have said. If you want to post publicly to someone include their name.

sarahk, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  3. Samantha Stein

Samantha Stein Member

Best Answers:
    It's kinda difficult to explain everything about Twitter here so I recommend that you check out this Twitter tutorial site: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/twitter101

Don't worry! In time, you'll get to figure things out.

All the best.

Samantha Stein, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  4. Edbot

Edbot Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Samantha I'll have a look at that site, thanks for the link. The main thing I really don't get is that whatever I click on I can only ever see one half of the tweets...just don't get it aaaargh!
    Thanks again

Edbot, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  5. forager.info

forager.info Peon

Best Answers:
    to use Twitter, create tweets/retweet others tweets, use hashtags, search and find, like and follow others that you like/are in your niche. Pretty simple.

forager.info, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So you don't see it looking like this?
    upload_2016-4-19_8-49-42.png

BTW if you use the Windows snipping tool you can take a small screenshot like I did and paste it directly into the thread, no need to save. I'd love to see what you see, it might help us understand and help you.

sarahk, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  7. Jamesthegreat

Jamesthegreat Peon

Best Answers:
    Apart from Twitter's own guides and posts, I recommend Michael Hyatt's blog. If you google his name and 'beginners guide to twitter' you will get a step by step guide and you'll know it all. Good luck.

Jamesthegreat, May 4, 2016 IP
  8. Edbot

Edbot Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that I'll give it a go.

Edbot, May 4, 2016 IP
  9. tmayoras

tmayoras Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find Twitter is an excellent tool to establish yourself as an expert on a topic. Share articles and blogposts on the topic as well as your own insights. I wrote a Medium post on how to establish yourself as an expert and grow your followers. You can find at my Medium site for Tyler Mayoras

tmayoras, May 7, 2016 IP
  10. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    Look for some tutorials in google and youtube, as its being said above, its very difficult to explain all about twitter in a place like this.

David G. Welch, Jul 8, 2016 IP