1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else notice links don't seem as important?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sloth, Apr 11, 2016.

I have two blogs that are pretty much in the same niche, and they have about the same amount of content.

I built a lot of links to one of them over the past 6 months, and it's not ranking much different from the one I've just put posts on (and haven't built links).

Both of them got about 50,000 visits last month and both are doing well with Adsense earnings.

These links are pretty good quality too (in-content links from bloggers, broken link replacements, etc.)

Makes me think good content and keyword research are all you need these days.

Anyone else have a different experience?

Sloth, Apr 11, 2016 IP
  2. The Soul Explorer

The Soul Explorer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The high quality of content is important to attract more visitor to your website.

Engaging in social media marketing to promote your content is the best way.

So, makes more good content and keywords to gain more audience.

The Soul Explorer, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  3. Panda123

Panda123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Sloth, are you linking the sites to each other, if you are then the link juice is possibly being shared to the site you haven't built any links to outside of your own link. :)
    Is that a possibility? Regards, James

Panda123, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  4. pcbro34

pcbro34 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are still important. However, if your site is well optimized with unique, quality content then this will help a lot in terms of ranking ability. I obviously cannot rate the quality of your links without analysis but you should stick with high quality guest posts (unique content) on relevant, trusted sites. I find these work really well today with ranking and also getting your content shared.

pcbro34, Apr 17, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Good content has and always will be important. In competitive niches it requires both, though. Hard to rank for anything even remotely competitive without link building.

dcristo, Apr 17, 2016 IP
  6. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Links are important, industry related links though. Don't go linking your egg shop with a bread shop google just ignores it.

Mybulen, Apr 22, 2016 IP