1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Title Text

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ian, May 31, 2005.

In the link coding I'm wondering just how important the "title" attribute is in regards to serps. Has anyone here ever noticed a change after implemening titles into their links? I'd also like to ask the same question regarding the IMG ALT tag as well.

Lastly please also let me know if you did implement it, which engines did you notice that it made a difference?

Ian

Ian, May 31, 2005 IP
  2. lycrafile

lycrafile Peon

Best Answers:
    My experiments with ALT and TITLE have shown them to be completely ignored.

I would advise that you use them in accorance with the Accessibility Guidelines . In most cases this will also include your keywords so it will help with SEO if any engines do use them.

lycrafile, May 31, 2005 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that the general consensus is that the SEs all ignore them. The only attribute tag that gets used is the alt tag on images that are used as links. In this case the alt tag is thought to function like the anchor text for that link.

compar, May 31, 2005 IP
  4. alias420

alias420 Guest

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with compar. I only bother with alt tags on images. Although I dont limit it to just images within anchors. I find they are nice for site usablitiy too.

alias420, May 31, 2005 IP
  5. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Although they may not play a major roll in serps they are still very important. Often title and meta description are what is displayed to the public in serps, depending on user's query. So make it sweet. :) If there is any on-page value AT ALL you may want to put your main keyword/ keyphrase as close to position #1 as possible.

Homer, May 31, 2005 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    This always happens when someone asks this question. Homer he is not asking about the "title" in the <head> section of the code. He is asking about an attribute tag call the "title attribute" It is used in the <html> section of the code and in conjunction with images and links.

compar, May 31, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    My mistake, I apologize. Should have read the 'title' of the thread 'Link Title Text'. Please disregard my irrelevant comments...thanks Compar.

Homer, May 31, 2005 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Those alt tags make a big difference in getting ranked for Google Images as well.

Blogmaster, May 31, 2005 IP