1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your thoughts on Wordpress?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by MakeBlog.org, Mar 24, 2016.

Hey guys,

I am wondering what you all think about Wordpress for making blogs? Do you prefer it over the other CMS Blogging Platforms out there?

Drupal and Joomla are other alternatives but those require techical knowledge. While wordpress does not.

MakeBlog.org, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  2. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    I`m not that big of a fan of CMSs, especially WordPress, but considering it helps people create blogs with almost 0 coding knowledge I see it a good tool for newbies.
    Like you said, Drupal and Joomla are more complicated and not so noob friendly, probably that`s why WordPress is the number one blogging platform.

HCFGrizzly, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My thoughts?...I wouldn't piss on that bloated unsecure pile of shit if it was on fire.

malky66, Mar 24, 2016 IP
    JDMS and jrbiz like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Other than that, you like it? :D

jrbiz, Mar 25, 2016 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  5. Jorge35

Jorge35 Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is better than any other content management system. my choice is always WP.

Jorge35, Mar 25, 2016 IP
  6. ozhef

ozhef Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends what you are looking for. Drupal might be the better option for large scale websites but it's not as intuitive as WordPress in my opinion. WordPress is the most popular for a reason - it is easy to pick up.

ozhef, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  7. JDMS

JDMS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had several WP sites and a couple of membership sites using WP/WishList/OP but scrapped the lot a couple of years ago, because of the constant need to update WP and the plugins/themes that never played nicely together after one or more updates and caused havoc to the sites.

I wouldn't have a WP or similar script if you paid me. That's because these platforms rely on different components all of which are created by a variety of script developers whose plugins/themes don't integrate well or need constant hole plugging following weakness that hackers love to exploit.

JDMS, Apr 4, 2016 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  8. iconaddxb

iconaddxb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For blogging wordpress is the best platform because of its SEO friendly structure and ease of use. A person with basic or zero knowledge of coding can manage a wordpress blog. There are a lot of free themes and plugins available to make it even more cost effective.

iconaddxb, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  9. WebScavenger

WebScavenger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use Wordpress for most of my sites. I am just confortable with it and like the ease of use. Not to mention there are a lot of plugin options that can virtually make your site do whatever it needs to do. I also find that WordPress seems to have some natural favor in the search engines. And another thing is that WordPress is scalable and easy for the newbie to start with and the advanced webmaster to grow with.

WebScavenger, Apr 10, 2016 IP
    Sean Justin Preston likes this.
  10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah...about as much as I like genital warts:)

malky66, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  11. antar007

antar007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From A noob's Point of View

Well
    1. It's rather User-Friendly (Rather than Joomla & Drupal)
    2. No Coding knowledge required for managing the blog
    3. Very Very Friendly for SEO
    4. Free Design Options (Free Themes)
    5. Functionality (Free Plugins)
    6. and much more!
    So I guess its WP all the way!

antar007, Apr 14, 2016 IP
  12. Peter Stavrou

Peter Stavrou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress in my opinion is the best for websites and blogs.
    Very easy to use and very effective.

Can be used by people who do not know much about coding but it can also be used by those who a proficient in coding :)

Peter Stavrou, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  13. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress is awesome, the only thing i don't like is the plugin make the sites sluggish. So i use a cdn to deliver my content, speeds up my the website so much but it's costly that is the only problem but speed is always good. Saves plenty bouncers

Mybulen, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  14. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can you recommend the Wordpress while your site is having visitors in millions. Will it be usfule.

@Mybulen can wordpress site be useful with high load, cause handeling the sire which is full of media will definitely have good hosting, and if you are using the wordpress then I think it will fefinitely slower the site because of plugins.

@Mybulen my question is what will be the result of wordpress site if it is hosted on VPS and Dedicated Server while having the rich media on site. what will be you pressered, assuming the traffic is HALF million.

MayurKawale, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  15. Munoz

Munoz Banned

Best Answers:
    I guess Wordpress is the best and easiest platform to create any websites for newbie or professional business.

Munoz, May 6, 2016 IP
  16. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I too agree with much of you here. Wordpress has been a very easy way to follow and learn, when I started blogging it was like learning at every step. Much of the steps I took and completed was really an excitement. Frankly I am still learning and progressing even in Wordpress, there is so much to learn and implement. Guess there should be someone who put in some new techniques to perform on wordpress blog to experiment.

China_girl, May 8, 2016 IP
  17. meet_dilip

meet_dilip Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is simple, easy to use and easy to implement. You have themes / plugins for almost all features you would like to have. It's free and a lot of free resources as well.

meet_dilip, May 9, 2016 IP
  18. meet_dilip

meet_dilip Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is simple, easy to use and easy to implement. You have themes / plugins for almost all features you would like to have. It's free and a lot of free resources as well.

meet_dilip, May 9, 2016 IP