1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for News website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by worldblackstar, Feb 7, 2012.

1. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Arguably, WordPress is the "MacDonalds" of CMS designs. WordPress is a popularized service with not the best quality. However, some people may not mind a diet of Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets.

agora, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  2. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had vBulletins down, Xenforos etc. WP is a likely target because it's used by MILLIONS of sites. If anyone was to attack a site, they wouldn't bother with a custom platform 2 sites use. Not to mention that not all attacks are directed to the platform itself, many are hitting the servers. Whenever there was some 'heat' in the Middle East, I could expect stuff to happen on the servers. Years ago, when the Iraq thing started, I had Romanian sites down (all the platforms, even paid ones), just because they took the entire server down and I had the 'luck' to be hosted on an US server. In this case, I could have had the NASA of platforms, I'd be down with the server.

I don't consider WP to be the 'McDonalds' of CMS to be honest. After more than a decade of working with various content platforms this one seems to be the best for my needs (and my clients). Custom platforms are not always better, I had to re-create sites created on such platforms and my clients wasted money and time just to have the 'pleasure' of running a crap platform (that cost an arm and a leg), which they couldn't use after the developers stopped their contract with them. The big advantage for me as a theme developer (and web designer) and for my clients is that WP is used on such a huge scale. If we need a custom plugin, we can get a talented programmer to code it (which we did in the past), if my clients don't want to work with me for instance, there are at least few thousands of other good theme developers who can take it from there, overall the support was OK (for all my needs) and there are countless tutorials and code hacks to be used. I never relied on 'one on one' support myself, even when it comes to an expensive dedicated hosting plan the official support can be crappy (and we're talking many hundreds of bucks/month, not a free platform), so my expectations are usually very low :D

Based on how the community is shaped up, on how many resources you can find, WP seems to be pretty OK for me and my clients. Sure, it's not perfect, nothing is, but I cannot blame the platform for stuff that many others were failing with (security, since it was our main problem here).

The secret is to keep the platforms updated (ALL of them, my last 'cleaning' job was after a vBulletin got used as an exploit 'door', not Wordpress) and have backups. Once the problems arise, it takes minutes/max. few hours to restore everything.

dojodesign, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  3. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress may be great for YOUR clients. But we have found it to be the "McDonalds of CMS" for our clients who demand more quality than WordPress provides.

agora, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  4. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress can do everything you need and more.
    If you are going to have new or articles, it's the best option.

Winagain, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  5. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We don't agree. Arguably WordPress is the "McDonalds of CMS". Lots of problems with WordPress.

agora, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  6. pamela lee

pamela lee Member

Best Answers:
    just go with the WordPress.your all requirement can fulfill by it.and you will get number of users as well.:)

pamela lee, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  7. peterse7ven

peterse7ven Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best for your news site.

peterse7ven, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  8. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress is the best. There is only a few percents of "big" clients who need demanding web platforms for their Websites and presentations and they will hire big Web design studios or companies to set it all to their needs, and those studios or companies will create original scripts for them. But All other clients over 90% of internet websites and presentations need quick stable and simple to use platform. Only WordPress can fulfill it.

mohsin qureshi, Jan 5, 2016 IP
  9. Lucy Barret

Lucy Barret Member

Best Answers:
    There are many CMSs available but I think, you should go with WordPress as this has many SEO friendly plugins which are easy to use. And has a huge community to help you out from any trouble. So my vote goes for WordPress!

Lucy Barret, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  10. drues1986

drues1986 Active Member

Best Answers:
    We make lot of news website and using wordpress, and i think you also use wordpress CMS, if you have bad experience with wordpress use joomla.

drues1986, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  11. ozhef

ozhef Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a cms that is easy pick up, add functionality (plugins) and have the design you are looking for then WordPress is definitely your best option.

ozhef, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  12. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress is the best cms for news website.

appkodes, May 10, 2016 IP