1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Alan Choo

Alan Choo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi yaros,

Just asking, i know you been asked by many people this question before.

May i know when you will most likely launch your dropshipping plugin? I means just a roughly date will be do...

If you launch the plugin, how much will you charge for the fees? and where you will post your plugin?

P/S: i have added you through Skype, hope you can approve me~

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Alan Choo, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  2. Alan Choo

Alan Choo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi yaros,

If i would like to create one website like yours (http://marcmoniz.com/), may i know for the wordpress plans, which one should i choose for this dropshipping store? As i will use the WooCommerce also, i dont have my own server to host the website...

Is it Free plan will be enough or it will need Premium plans (i saw there is a google analytics for premium plan)...?

I need your help as this will be my first website...

Thank you.

Alan Choo, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  3. BishopStill

BishopStill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I saw on your handbag site you have an US phone number. How do you handle calls on that number?

BishopStill, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  4. xiaohaizi

xiaohaizi Member

Best Answers:
    There is no doubt that your site very beautiful, also very good softwear.

I am also a Dropshipper,i use aliexpress too.I have more than 100,000 orders already,it is easy way to begin dropship. you can find products easy,you can have your own website easy.

But i think the most important thing is how to get traffic,if no traffic,we can not get order.

you can get traffic,you can make money.

xiaohaizi, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    mixa_ru likes this.
  5. tutusik

tutusik Peon

Best Answers:
    THe best way to get traffic? :) I'm newbie and want to start dropshipping too :)

tutusik, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  6. xiaohaizi

xiaohaizi Member

Best Answers:

Good luck.

xiaohaizi, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  7. tacit

tacit Member

Best Answers:
    If you are on a budget I would highly recommend FB Ads - Laser target your product & store & then go after the lowest CPC possible.

Just a little hint, I would highly suggest targeting individuals whom have birthdays coming up, also you can take it a step further (and i have personally tested this) but target those same people with divorced parents & layer another ad going straight to only parents, targeting that ad toward buying birthday gifts, etc.

Once you get a decent budget saved - look into Adsense and you are home free :)

Good luck buddy~

tacit, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  8. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's been 9 months since I have started working with my first dropshipping site WordlOfHarry.com. Today I prepared for you a small summary of what I have now and what I learnt during past 9 months.

I will share with you the list of my most profitable webstores, show you some traffic and income stats for the last month (March) and shortly describe the main promotion strategies I use regularly to make money with AliExpress dropshipping sites.

First of all, it should be noted that I have already developed and run 14 dropshipping stores.

Below I will show the most successful ones.

Stats for March

WorldOf Harry.com

Visitors: 6,898
    Profit (gross): $1,228

EmpireNeedsYou.com

Visitors: 1,684
    Profit: $790

SevenKingdomsMart.com

Visitors: 717
    Profit: $523

BuyItCarl.com

Visitors: 613
    Profit: $302

NailsStuff.com

Visitors: 549
    Profit: $350

GoPutin.com

Visitors: 871
    Profit: $333

LeggingsFan.com

Visitors: 451
    Profit: $290

kSort.com

Visitors: 737
    Profit: $197

And I got several orders last month from my new sites: KittenRules.com and Sockinstock.com

I should also mention 8% affiliate commission I get from AliExpress for each purchase. When I was just starting and had only several orders per month such kind of commission seemed not so serious to me. But when you passively earn $300-400 monthly owing to these affiliate commissions only, you understand that it is a really great addition to your main dropshipping income. By the way, now I know how to get 10% cash back from AliExpress but unfortunately this system works only for Russians for this moment.

[​IMG]

Marketing

Most of my orders (about 90%) I get with the help of social media promotion. There are some sales generated through organic search traffic, but generally these sales come from my social pages which can be found in top of Google. So, actually we can consider this SEO traffic as a social media source as well.

My main social media marketing methods can be devided into 5 techniques:

1) Social Rabbit Plugin: Instagram & Facebook promotion
    2) Instagram: ShoutOuts
    3) Facebook: Group Sharing
    4) Pinterest: Follow Liker
    5) Twitter: Twidium

I will describe these techniques using WorldOfHarry.com as an example. These strategies are applied to all my sites.

1) Social Rabbit Plugin: Instagram & Facebook promotion

With the help of Social Rabbit plugin I post products on Facebook, Instagram and promote my webstore on other relevant groups in Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.

On my Harry site I have all of the Plugin promotion options enabled, such as auto-posting and auto-promotion. Auto-posting time in different networks may vary and I am trying to test different time frames. On World of Harry for instance I enable auto-posting each 2 hours. As for auto-promotion, the Plugin launches it on Facebook every 5 minutes and every 10 minutes on Instagram. With auto promotion option Social Rabbit finds popular niche related groups, visits them, gives likes, leaves comments and reposts the most popular posts on my own Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts/pages.

You can learn more about how it works here: Knowledge base | Social Rabbit Plugin

2) Instagram: ShoutOuts

On WorldOfHarry I usually make ShoutOuts once a week (four times a month) on different Instagram accounts. Each time I try to pick one of the best selling products on AliExpress, choose an attractive picture or make a collage of pictures, make a short catchy description and place it on the chosen Instagram account for 24 hours.

I am working with following accounts:

instagram.com/perksofamuggleborn

Number of followers: 65.5K
    Price per ShoutOut: $6

instagram.com/hpfashion934

Number of followers: 131K
    Price per ShoutOut: $28

instagram.com/butterbeermug

Number of followers: 70.5K
    Price per ShoutOut: $28

instagram.com/hermionegranger44

Number of followers: 183K
    Price per ShoutOut: $20

3) Facebook: Group Sharing

I create a new Facebook account, choose a profile picture, add personal information and add some friends to make an account look nice. For example, this is a profile created for sharing World of Harry posts : https://www.facebook.com/carlos.payne.98

After the profile is created I join different popular niche related groups: for Harry for instance I choose fan groups such as Harry Potter Hogwarts wizard, Harry Potter fan etc. Twenty five – thirty groups are enough.

After your join requests are approved you can start sharing your posts in the chosen groups. I usually share posts created by my Social Rabbit plugin, because these posts already contain some comments, a site name, URL and hashtags. Or you can create a nice post on your FB fan page manually and then share it using your new Facebook account with groups you selected.

4) Pinterest: Follow Liker

Pinterest account of World of Harry is mostly promoted by Follow Liker. This program promotes your account by auto-scraping users and pins, likes, user following and unfollowing. You can get it here: FollowLiker - Best Pinterest Bot & Pinterest Marketing Automation Software - Follow Liker. After buying you will be able to download the user’s guide.

5) Twitter: Twidium

Twitter account of World of Harry is promoted by Twidium Twitter Edition. This program mainly serves for auto-following and unfollowing Twitter accounts. You can get it here: https://twidiumapp.com/index.shtml. Read the instruction carefully to make all necessary settings.

That's all.

I expect questions like - how you handle refunds, - what about long delivery time, - do the packages include any signs or receipts, etc. I have nothing to add to my previous answers to these questions. I was worried about such things at the beginning as well, but now I can say that the cooperation with AliExpress suppliers works pretty well and does not have any crucial drawbacks.

So, take actions, always improve and enjoy the ride, otherwise what’s the point.

yaros, Apr 1, 2016 IP
    eches likes this.
  9. mixa_ru

mixa_ru Member

Best Answers:
    Hi yaros!
    Thanks for your report.
    As far as I can see customs clearance at client country does not bother you also?
    There are some limits in EU for buying abroad.

mixa_ru, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  10. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, absolutely:)

yaros, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  11. Shahram_s

Shahram_s Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you have tracking to compare results from social media traffic and conversion?

instagram is pretty well, im not sure about pinterest . what % of the traffic to your site is from pinterest ?and how effective they are in placing orders?

Shahram_s, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  12. JLon

JLon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,
    I joined this site just to participate in this thread. what you have said is truly amazing! I have read the entire thread from top to bottom.
    A few questions I have if that's OK...

1. How are you producing the graphics for your social media promotions? Are you using Canva? Where are you getting your images from? are they Creative Commons?
    2. When your site captures the order, are you using Woocommerce or something like that or have you built your own system for e-commerce 'from scratch?
    3. when you capture the orders, are the details of the order captured via your plugin? I'm presuming this also captures the product ID?
    4. when you have to place the order on Alipay, you are doing this manually, right?
    5. I was wondering if your plugin is selling here https://alidropship.com/ or if this is a different company? this plugin seems crazy expensive!

I'll add you on Skype as well if that's OK... I'm keen to know when your plugin is on sale

thanks

JLon, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  13. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't have many orders from Pinterest, I would say it is 10% from all orders.

yaros, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  14. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. I take these images from internet and customize them using different graphic tools.
    2. I am using my Plugin for this purpose.
    3. The plugin takes all data and stores it on my admin area.
    4. Yes, I am doing it manually.
    5. The plugin is not for sale yet.

yaros, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  15. jordayne1

jordayne1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, firstly thanks you're a huge inspiration. I signed up just to speak to you lol. I was wondering how you used word-press to design your page and what package did you select?

jordayne1, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  16. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry, I did not understand your question.

yaros, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  17. jordayne1

jordayne1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok,

1) Wordpress offers three packages: Basic, Premium and Business. Which did you select?
    2) What tool did you use to design your page?

18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. I develop in WordPress, but I don't use store.wordpress.com.
    2. Java, PHP

yaros, Apr 1, 2016 IP
  19. jordayne1

jordayne1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do you purchase your domains?

20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Godaddy.com