1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Nice Design, Custom Content, On Page SEO Done - Already has sales!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Matthew Sayle, Mar 30, 2016.

Whoever said dogs are a man's best friend has never taken a bite out of a handmade gourmet marshmallow blended with Tahitian vanilla and Belgian chocolate.

That's the mindset behind FancyPuffs.com - Post Gourmet Marshmallows.

Fancy Puffs is a well designed, fully functional affiliate marketplace selling the finest gourmet marshmallows money can buy.

The affiliate program is managed in-house by the marshmallow manufacturer - http://www.viveltre.com/.

Viveltre doesn't have an application process for their affiliate program, it's a simple "sign up and promote" system.

Furthermore, Viveltre doesn't even have an affiliate program terms and conditions page.

Many affiliate programs block specific PPC terms or marketing methods - but it seems like Viveltre keeps their affiliates on a very long leash.

This being said, I would expect as their affiliate program grows in size - they will adapt certain restrictions. I would take comment sense precautions ahead of time by not using their direct name via PPC campaigns and don't copy/paste product descriptions directly from their page.

Digging deeper into the Viveltre affiliate program; I am absolutely in love with their affiliate tools page.

What they lack in promotional banners comes back ten-fold with their easy-to-decipher statistics.

When you first log in at viveltre.com/affiliate-program, you are instantly taken to an affiliate dashboard page - where you can see a snapshot of your clicks, sales, commission, etc.

[​IMG]
    They start every affiliate out at a 10% commission level. However, I believe the more you sell - they higher they will take you. I haven't owned the site long enough to find out for myself!

This is pretty awesome, yet Viveltre takes it a step further by also including a referral page - which shows you exactly where your affiliate traffic is being sent from.

[​IMG]

You can see from the above snapshot, I was receiving traffic from fancypuffs.com/gourmet-marshmallows/italian-espresso-gourmet-marshmallows.

With stats like this, almost every single promotional method is perfect.

You could keep growing the Twitter and Facebook pages, which already have dozens of real, natural followers.

In a hurry? Boosting posts on Facebook or running targeted Adwords campaigns are a great way to drive traffic on the double.

Did I mention, Viveltre offers a 90-Day cookie!

What does that mean? Your affiliate traffic doesn't need to purchase anything on the same day you refer them. They can come back to viveltre.com up to 90 days later and you STILL receive the commission - now you see why affiliate marketing is so highly regarded in this industry!

Alright, we talked about social traffic and paid marketing - but what if you're more into SEO?

Hey, me too!

This site is
    absolutely perfect for Search Engine Optimization.

SEO should be the star of any website. When a website can be properly optimized, it allows for more options when it comes to marketing.

This site is 100% verified in Google Search Console. I added the Yoast SEO Sitemaps which allow for better accuracy in indexing.

[​IMG]

You can snag a better look at the individual sitemaps by going to FancyPuffs.com/sitemap_index.xml.

This is one of those rare moments when an error is actually a good thing.

Search Console can't seem to index one of the sitemaps... good!

We don't want them too :)

Take a look at the custom robots.txt file

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /marshmallows
    Disallow: /wp-admin/
    Disallow: /trackback/
    Disallow: /xmlrpc.php
    Disallow: /feed/
    Sitemap: http://fancypuffs.com/sitemap_index.xml
    Code (markup):
    You can see we're blocking all user agents from crawling the /marshmallows directory.

Why? Because these are the cloaked affiliate links!

[​IMG]

Every single affiliate link on the entire website was manually created using the Easy Affiliate Links plugin.

Each link is NO FOLLOW and blocked by the custom robots.txt file.

This doesn't affect any other aspect of the website, except it strengthens the SEO usability.

Having pages in Google that automatically redirect to another website is never a good thing.

Speaking of Google indexed pages, every product has a custom snippet that was manually created by me with SEO in mind.

The Title, Description and Permalink are all laid out for the optimal length and keywords.

keywords bring me to the product descriptions. Each long description was custom written by a professional writer. They are 100% unique to this website.

I hope you are beginning to see exactly what I meant when I said this website was created with SEO in mind!

This is the perfect starter site for anyone wanting to get their feet wet in the affiliate marketing industry. The perfectly balanced website makes it a perfect candidate for learning Adwords, perfecting social media marketing or even testing the powers of Reddit (I got 2 sales from Reddit already!)

You can add your site to forum signatures, profiles and more - the options are truly endless.

If you're up for a challenge with unbelievable returns, you could also preform SEO. PLEASE don't hire anyone on Fiverr to do this for you. Ask around, find a good SEO and don't take shortcuts - I beg you.

Bad SEO is worse than no SEO - so do it right or don't do it at all.

Few last features:

• Unparalleled post sale support
    • Full migration in 24 hours or less
    • VPS Cpanel Hosting for $10.00 per year
    • Free coaching for life on any website you own
    Final Thoughts...

Where else can you find a well designed, SEO optimized website handcrafted by a Digital Properties expert for under $100?

Do those seller offer VPS Cpanel hosting for less than a buck per month?

Do they care if you succeed with the website?

Search all of the other marketplace threads on Digital Point, you won't find one with more value than FancyPuffs.com.

Don't search too long, however - this site won't be around for long!

Matthew Sayle, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  2. elfrost

elfrost Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Design has been made by a children? You should use frame .. the domain name worth nothing as well.
    Can you just tell us why this site would be better than others?

elfrost, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Welcome @elfrost, I have been expecting you.

What took so long?

I said well designed, not expert designed.

The WordPress theme costs $69 from MyThemeShop.

Check it out:
    https://mythemeshop.com/themes/ecommerce/

This fully responsive theme comes with the sale, so the new owner can use the unlimited fonts, colors and layout options to tweak the visual aspects of the site to suit their needs.

I don't remember appraising the domain at a certain value.

However, now that you bring it up; the domain is short and brandable and matches the site perfectly.

It's also a .com which will have a positive impact on SEO.

If after doing your due dilligence, you can't answer that for yourself - this isn't the site for you :)

4. emgage

emgage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    The truth is Matthew is the only person here selling sites worth buying. Well thought out, great design wise and usability (at least using ny iphone,) brandable, ready made with decent content and great revenue potential, very well described in thread, and above all decently priced. Are those enough reasons for it to be better than 99.9% of all the listings on dp, or the "others" as you call them?

emgage, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  5. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Thanks for the support @emgage.

@elfrost is selling a website full of copied content and got mad when I pointed it out.

I welcome his comments on any of my sales threads :)

6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    96.3% - 77
    I like the domain, however, the commissions for marshmallows is so low because of low price products, not sure if I would want
    to even mess with them, however, I think FancyPuffs could make for a decent ecig affiliate site...
    Whoever said the domain has no value, he has no vision, as all new domains start out with no value, but
    this domain has an exception because it is actually easy to brand, and rememberable, and when
    people remember and come back to the site, then that is a no additional cost marketing advantage....

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    dscurlock, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    sarahk and Matthew Sayle like this.
  7. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    It is true that the Marshmallows commission is pretty low.

However, the cost you're saving by not needing to manufacture or ship the products makes up for that.

After the manufacturer buys the ingredients, pays rent, buys the equipment, pays for licenses and health inspections, etc. - there isn't much money left over anyway.

You're essentially skipping all of that red tape and jumping straight to the profits.

Also, an excellent point to make is Vivelte gives free shipping on orders over $35.00 - so chances are a lot of people will want to try a few different flavors in order to bypass shipping charges.

10% of $35.00 is $3.50, which doesn't sound like a lot.

However, your cost of acquisition should be low enough to make a profit.

Just 10 sales per month will generate an revenue of $20 - $35 in affiliate sales alone. Why stop there?

You could go to Viveltre's competition and ask for higher commissions in order to share their products as well. You're not limited to just one marshmallow distributor.

More products = more indexed pages = more organic traffic.

By increasing your total earnings to just $100.00 per month - this site would flip itself for for well over $1,000.00.

Also, if a few months down the line the new owner just can't make it work - I will buy it back no questions asked. (As long as they haven't destroyed the SEO by purchasing Fiverr link building gigs.)

8. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I forgot to mention, the auction is starting at $1.00 with no reserve.

It would be worth a bid just for the domain :)

If the new owner wants to rebrand this site to a different niche, I would be glad to help with that.

I will remove the URLs from Google index, change the design and text.

You will need to add the new products and affiliate links.

I will make sure the new URLs get properly indexed in the SERPs.

9. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Also, a great feature of this website is the 'Recently Viewed' Remarketing widget.

[​IMG]

While viewing different varieties of marshmallows, they won't be able to forget where they have viewed!

This gives you the best opportunity to get them to click that "Buy Now" button and pick up the coveted affiliate cookie.

Also, I encourage SEOs to run a check on my site. I worked hard to make sure all images were optimized as well as the individual product pages.

I don't use the boring /product permalink - that's a great spot to add a keyword!

10. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I add the categories and tags because I want to make sure each individual category and tag gets indexed quickly in Google.

Even though I only have 16 products, I still have over 100 pages that will be indexed - thanks to categories and tags.

Sure, a tag or category is hard to get ranked - but it's still possible without any extra work.

As for the affiliate links, it doesn't matter if it's in the sitemap or not since Google can't crawl it. I simply added it to make sure the robots.txt was working properly.

If you would like to remove certain aspects of the sitemap, that can be done with just a few clicks inside of the Yoast dashboard.

The plugin is quick and easy - if you have a system that works better for you, go for it. It's 6 one way, half a dozen the other.

I have actually never seen this before.

I would never join an affiliate program that didn't allow cloaked links because too many affiliate links on a website can affect SEO negatively.

11. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I always value any site with Worst, Bad, Average, Good, and Great. This is another example of Good site in DigitalPoint MarketPlace. It has better values and perhaps easy to be ranked. I remember bought a Good website from this forum and the site is now generating more than enough money to pay server bills (off course I did much work to unleash its potential).
    I like the site and I think it is not that hard to gain more exposure from Search Engine. It just the niche which I didn't really interested in.
    Keep selling others site with different niche and perhaps you will got more sales.

Arick
    P.S - - I may place a bid if current Bid is still that low. :D

Arick unirow, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  12. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    96.3% - 77
    ok, I was under the impression to set cat/tags to noindex for duplicate content reasons. I would think if they are set to noindex, then adding them to sitemap
    will not matter much as you instructed google not to index them anyways, and yoast does explain that cat/tags can produce duplicate content.

I just realized, I have a custom theme so this plugin will not work anyways...
    my one file redirect is not bound by a theme, I just setup the link and insert into post.

yes, sites like amazon, clickbank do not allow cloaked urls, not only that
    using cloak links is against googles TOS also, everyone wants to know exactly
    where visitors are coming from, and i guess it is hard to tell if your url is cloaked...
    however, you should read affiliate TOS before using a cloaked affiliate link....

If i remember correctly, someone complained of getting deindexed, then they found
    out the likely reason, their site was full of cloaked affiliate urls, and I am not sure why
    you think adding the affiliate links to robots.txt will do anything, google will still scan
    your content, as they are scanning, then they will obviously see your links...
    if google sees that they are cloaked, then you could be penalized....
    (however, I am not an expert, it just seems obvious....)

dscurlock, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  13. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Can you find me a single piece of information that states cloaking links is against Google's webmaster guidelines?

That's an awful bold statement that you're making.

14. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    We must be reading different content.

"Cloaking refers to the practice of presenting different content or URLs to human users and search engines. Cloaking is considered a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines because it provides our users with different results than they expected."

What does this have to do with masking affiliate links?

15. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I am really not following what you're saying.

You said my site was in violation of Google webmaster guidelines, but it's not.

So, I really don't care what you do on your sites - it has nothing to do with this listing.

I welcome your comments, but please know what you're talking about before posting.

If you want to talk about your own sites, start your own thread - especially if your facts are flat out wrong.

16. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Su
    Domain name & website is great, but this website get penalized by Google for Duplicate Content & Cloaked Link. Sure

Furquan Ahmed, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  17. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    See what you started @dscurlock?

Here's duplicate content 101...

On a traditional Wordpress blog, You have a structure similar to this:

TITLE: Why Digital Point Member Should Research Before they Post

BODY: Digital Point members should research before they post because other members will believe anything they read on a forum. Then, they will run around believing that my website is going to be penalized by Google for duplicate content.

Let's say the category is: Misinformed DP Members
    And the tags are: need research, look it up, use Google first

Now, as we already know... Google is going to crawl and index this article above, in this case I used the permalink Domain.com/%post-name%

We also know that Wordpress creates what we call "Tag Archive" and "Category Archive" pages.

The URLs created would be:

Domain.com/category/misinformed-dp-members
    Domain.com/tag/need-research
    Domain.com/tag/look-it-up
    Domain.com/tag/use-google-first

On every single page above, you would find an archive of all the posts that match the taxonomy information above.

Usually it's laid out with the featured image and title of each post, and sometimes an excerpt.

If the website owner doesn't use a custom excerpt on the archive page, Wordpress will automatically grab the first 90 or so characters to use as the excerpt.

Now, what have they done? They just placed a few sentences of the exact same text on multiple pages. BINGO! Duplicate content!

If you would take a few seconds out of your busy schedule to actually check my tag and category archives for FancyPuffs.com, you would see that I don't use an excerpt.

I simply display the Product Title and Featured Image. So, there's no chance of being penalized for duplicate content because my product descriptions are only being displayed on the product page, under the URL structure FancyPuffs.com/gourmet-marshmallows/slug.

Now, onto the link cloaking issue...

Google NEVER says you can't cloak links. Heck, they even offer their own link cloaker!

Google only says you can't show your users one page and the Google bot a different page. THAT'S cloaking!

Please folks, do some research before spouting off. I spend hours per day studying this stuff.
    If something is wrong, I appreciate the heads up.
    However, if you don't know what you're talking about, let's keep it to yourself.

Matthew Sayle, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  18. tradesol

tradesol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    hi Matt, more than interested in buying this and having bought from Matt before I can state he is the absolute professional in his dealings with clients and his listings, shame more people cannot follow his lead. just thought I would put my 2 cents (more like 4 Canadian with the exchange rate!) in Matt's favour,

tradesol, Mar 31, 2016 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  19. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    96.3% - 77
    Sorry, matt, I was just try to help.

Google short url redirect is not cloaking a link, and it is
    not the same as cloaking a link, a short url redirect is not
    the same as link cloaking. Using short url redirect is not
    a violation by any means, however, link cloaking is a violation...

The only reason I brought this up was because you said you
    use link cloaking, and that is not the same as a url redirect....

and google does not have or offer a link cloaking service...
    google offers a method to short'en and redirect urls...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    dscurlock, Mar 31, 2016 IP
    ask2talk likes this.
  20. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Please define link cloaking, so we're on the same page.

Matthew Sayle, Mar 31, 2016 IP