1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Decided to remove adsense after 8 years

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by olddocks, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Adsense is a cancer for website owners. You are focuses only in one thing and you lack on creativity.
    Am sure that in some time you will double your earnings without adsense. Good luck!

Zoti Media Group, Mar 24, 2016 IP
    sundaybrew and olddocks like this.
  2. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    You have a great idea. Adsense is not what it used to be. Not only for you or for me, but I have heard many people complain about the same things.
    Also, like some people said above, I have seen some relevancy issues, maybe that is why the revenue from adsense is dropping.

HCFGrizzly, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  3. Anubhav-soin

Anubhav-soin Member

Best Answers:
    You decided right , adsense somehow degraded their standard and showing unnecessary ads that does decrease the quality of website. But then there is another question how will you monetize your website if not adsense then what ?

Anubhav-soin, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  4. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know your blog belongs to which niche. However, PPC programs like Adsense and Chitika are not working well for publishers in the point of earnings. I am yet to make my first $100 from Adsense since 2012 while making decent amount of money from other methods.

dumindushalika, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  5. donsr

donsr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adsense might be a good income source if you not like then cpa or affiliates like amazon godaddy is best option but you cant make a good income fastly with them but if you make a good income with affiliates then it will be a flow of money

donsr, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  6. Marie-AZ

Marie-AZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If the website you're talking about is the one in your signature, it's normal, it doesn't matter if it's 8 years old, and even if you have good content, it doesn't matter too, if you're not building a real community, by real community I mean engagement, making people interacting with you and then interact with them in return, creating the "us"... I've been browsing like 4 pages, and between 40 articles, I only see 5 comments, that's not much, you have to do something to engage people, it doesn't really matter how old is your website, this is not what users see when they visit your website, they don't look at how long you've been there.. You have many niches and categories in your website, that's good, but it's not easy to build a community this way, I'm not saying it's impossible, because it's not, but you must understand that it's hard, you can do it, and for this to happen, you have to work harder, to get something you didn't get before, you have to do something you haven't done before, it's easier to focus on few niches and make people engaging, but if you choose to build a diversified website, you have to put big efforts..
    For Adblock user's, you can use an Adblock blocker and explain them that your website is not using any kind of bad ads methods so that they add you in their whitelist..
    For a monthly 100$ earning that's nice, but to get more you have to put more efforts I think..
    Good luck, I suggest you to keep using Adsense.

Marie-AZ, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  7. Panda123

Panda123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't like them, take them down as I'm sure you can create better offers to promote that are more relevant and make way more than $100 per month.
    I took mine down but still use Google Adsense custom seach only. Not the same revenue but it works pretty slick.

Panda123, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  8. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience blogs never make good money with adsense. My traffic stats is about 20k uniques per month (see signature).

olddocks, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  9. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any good CPC/CPM networks as adsense alternative?
    What do you recommend?

I find most of them ugly, irrelevant, paying pennies.

10. Marie-AZ

Marie-AZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whatever visitors you get monthly, it's not about quantity but quality, from where countries most visitors do come from ?
    It all depends on websites niches and traffic quality, 100$ for 20k visitors is good, as I previously said, you have to put more efforts on your website..

Marie-AZ, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  11. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I heard that if you use adsense, it makes your site under commercial use. That means you cannot use any images/photos under CC license. Removing adsense brings benefits, afterall adsense is junk.

12. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any kind of ads will more or less make your site looking,..... somehow unprofessional lets say.
    Images are not a problem! I have a lot of them - most done by myself, other bought, never ever had any issue with adsense in that regard.
    About your site, I am not very familiar with the niche, but it looks too dispersed. Maybe it would yield better results if you concentrate on smth smaller - as content/niche.
    I do not know any good affiliate program for coding sphere, neither can suggest an option to adsense. Ya, it sucks, that's why I'll remove it too, but do not believe there is any better option for the time being.
    My niches are way different, so I do enjoy my affiliates... with couple of exceptions...
    Good luck pal :)

abraxas, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  13. staliman

staliman Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what kind of traffic your site gets, it depends on what kind of visitors your site gets. If for example your visitors are kids then there could hardly be a better way than AdSense. Kids do click and their click makes money just as with adults clicks. On the other hand, if your visitors came to your site while searching for products or your visitors are very passionate about the topics on your site and there are related products, then Amazon links could be a good replacement. It's hard to know whether something will make more money than the other method without knowing the exact structure of your traffic and the sources of the traffic.

staliman, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  14. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i am promoting by business products by removing adsense. That is the only reason i have removed adsense.

olddocks, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  15. phamngocnam011

phamngocnam011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you've got 100$/monthly. It so wasted your time, You have a good decided
    Princesas disney

phamngocnam011, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  16. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is only crap if you have other options specific to your niche

pmf123, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  17. ChrisJ-ignitedbiz

ChrisJ-ignitedbiz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    olddocks I agree I stopped putting adsense on my sites now they run faster and more clean professional looking without them

ChrisJ-ignitedbiz, Apr 3, 2016 IP
  18. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always advise people to try to think of ways to monetize your site outside of Adsense.

If you have nothing else, and don't have the following to sell advertisements directly, then it beats not earning anything.

If there are no relevant affiliate offers, then make your own product. Even a short 30 page ebook can be sold for $10 a pop. Market it well, allow affiliates to promote it, and use it to offer genuine help to your readers. 10 sales a month gives you the same $100 / mo earning as Adsense, and it's much more stable.

Sloth, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  19. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm pretty sure other networks won't give you a higher CPM.

Grow your traffic, adsense is still the highest paying network.

evelinawilliams007, Apr 15, 2016 IP
  20. Eclipze

Eclipze Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is crab, Total Junk of bullshits

Eclipze, Apr 15, 2016 IP