1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is my blog with 500k visitors making only $60?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by olddocks, Feb 26, 2016.

1. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any good CPM ad networks alternative to adsense?

olddocks, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  2. Justin Kresty

Justin Kresty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

I'm surprised he made $60.

Justin Kresty, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  3. yuyun

yuyun Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Old Dock ...

I have a suggestion for you, join online and offline business as I did during this, any effort you can. I use a website and blog for the purpose of promoting my business, so I'm not looking for money from adsense but from my business. I did a little more time than you, but already produces more than enough money to live comfortably. Next time visiting numerous and can be installed adsense to make money, maybe it is just a bonus.

yuyun, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  4. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    This is clearly not about bots, its about misinterpretation of the numbers as Webcenter already explained. The numbers you are seeing in Google Webmasters means that 24k people go to your site from search monthly. So, not 408k, but 24k. That is the search traffic. You might have referral or direct traffic too (install Universal (Google) Analytics or any other analytics to get that information).

Now, let's assume there are 25 % more other traffic that is not from search, which would make your monthly traffic of about 30k. If you have 60 USD per month from that, it means 2 USD per thousand. I can see only one ad position on your site, so this means RPM of 2 USD for that ad. That is absolutely not bad for 50 % India traffic! What you can do, is add more ads, or make them more visible (bigger formats). But forget bots, this is unlikely to be your problem.

O-D-T, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  5. ExtremeIM

ExtremeIM Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can build a list from your traffic.. why not offer a free product (related to your niche) in exchange for their email. You can monetize those later once they're on your list by promoting niche related offers

ExtremeIM, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  6. phuongnguyen1710

phuongnguyen1710 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if your blog get 500k visitors- large number of visitors, you should use google adsence to make more money

phuongnguyen1710, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  7. Niranjan Ranade

Niranjan Ranade Member

Best Answers:
    Using Avatar (Virtual Identity) of Blog Author that's similar in Name and Country as that of the ideal prospect/buyer does help in monetizing websites in General. Eg. If blog is about Acne Cure then you may use (Pen) Author Name and Pic (with usage rights) of a young American college girl who had suffered from Acne, then tried many different medicines but failed to get results, finally got Acne cured after trying this XYZ product (your affiliate link). Many people from 3rd world countries are busy struggling with basic needs of life like food, water and shelter etc, they dont really have time to care about Acne. So it's better to attract buyer traffic from Tier-1 / rich countries that have disposable income to buy/try stuff that we online marketers sell / recommend :) I recommend list building, CPA and pop-unders as additional ways for effective Blog monetization.

Niranjan Ranade, Apr 10, 2016 IP