1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do I need to know to build a eCommerce Site?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by SEOXpert2011, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Chatty Sharma

Chatty Sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can build an eCommerce store within a few days. Below are a few platforms that you can use. Choose one of them.

1. Magento
    2. WordPress
    3. OpenCart
    4. BigCommerce
    5. Shopify

Just go to Google or YouTube and search, "How to make an eCommerce store with [One of the above platform]"

You will find tons of free tutorials.

As you are new, I would suggest you to go with WordPress because it is very simple to use and you can build a basic eCommerce store within a few hours.

Hope this helps.

Have a good day :)

Chatty Sharma, Mar 25, 2016 IP
  2. jcdean

jcdean Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to sell physical products open an amazon store and you will get traffic the same day cuz amazon already has the google juice and loyal customers.

jcdean, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  3. emmaback

emmaback Member

Best Answers:
    You can use a pre-designed template for your eCommerce. I've seen many interesting ready-made templates on Templatemonster website. I'm going to download one to create a website for my car insurance business. You can check it out too!

emmaback, Mar 27, 2016 IP
  4. eva-max

eva-max Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First i appreciate your work, About your question just i say if you want to sale cloths , wedding dress etc you should must visit your competitors website

eva-max, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  5. Steven Job

Steven Job Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If start-up, i think WooCommerce is the best choice. It is a plugin of Wordpress so owns a variety of plugins, extensions. Plus, free to download and install, and easy to use, even for beginners with little technical knowledge.
    If you dont satisfy with your current choice, i think you should choose another, with Litextension shopping cart migration tool which help you boost sale efficiently.

Steven Job, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  6. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:
    of course its woicommerce but some might BS you about what they don't know..

makeonlineshop, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  7. wordsrank

wordsrank Peon

Best Answers:
    Test before you invest

Have you ever started a new site or project, threw a bunch of time and money into it and only to find that no one cared? I’m pretty sure most of us have been in some variation of that situation before.

This is an easy problem to solve. Before you go crazy with your new site, test it to see if:

There’s interest in your product or niche
    Your offer converts
    So how do you do this? Start with a blog.

wordsrank, Jun 28, 2016 IP
  8. Ramesh Naidu Chidambaram

Ramesh Naidu Chidambaram Banned

Best Answers:
    Step 1: You should decide on what you want to sell
    Consider the price, availability, profit margin, shipping size and last but not the least, the passion. It's easier to sell and build a strong relationship with your customers if you love and know your products very well.

Step 2: Find manufacturers
    Make sure to find one with great products as you identify what to sell. You can check out Google Shopping and build a list of manufacturers (I suggest that you start with small suppliers) and then reach out to them. There are manufacturers that has local permit requirements so get those prepared.

Step 3: Set up your Website
    Choose an all-in-one eCommerce platform that will manage your store from the website design, products (marketing, order management), customer retention, and secured shopping. It's best to have it automated so you can focus on the next steps to grow your business.

Step 4 : Proper Marketing strategy
    No marketing strategy suits for all products, you should have your own way of promoting in online or offline. so do some swot analysis and try to create a word of mouth impression on product.

9. roboscripts

roboscripts Peon

Best Answers:
    First you need to set up your site, the easiest way to do it is with Wordpress, then install a e-commerce plugin, the most popular one is WooCommerce since it automaticallt comes with PayPal, then a theme that supports a shopping site, I recommend ZerifLite for beginners. Finally decide what you want to sell and create products...

roboscripts, Jul 22, 2016 IP
  10. webtrackstudio

webtrackstudio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

There are many freely available theme for woocommerce, with payment gateway(paypal), you just need to pick right design as per your products and setup woocommerce. that's it. you'e site is good to go.

PM me if you need any help.

Thanks

webtrackstudio, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  11. x-tremesofts

x-tremesofts Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi.. eCommerce
    magneto and opencart is the best platform to work, many tutorials are available on internet market, or you can buy ready templates too. if any help you need so we are here..

x-tremesofts, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  12. Md Morsalin

Md Morsalin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If You Don't know How To make Ecommerce Website . I think I can Help You .I am A Wordpress Developer. I can Make Ecommerce Site less then 3 days .... If U need Contact Me at Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/morsalin1342). Or You Can Buy My GIG Offer(https://www.fiverr.com/morsalin1342/install-wordpress-and-setup-a-blog-or-website). I If You have Upwork Then You Also Contack me On Upwork.
    Note : I only Work With Wordpress & Woocommerce .. For Details Massage me On facebook.

Md Morsalin, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  13. Irene_Loor

Irene_Loor Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of different thinhs that one needs to know, because an e-commerce website is a complicated system that includes many differnt compoents as it has already been mentioned. Also, you need to think of a marketing strategy if you want to have a profitable business. If you are interested I can recommend you one blog called Browuse. You can google and find it.

Irene_Loor, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  14. Astrochologistdotcom

Astrochologistdotcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Woocommerce with Wordpress and their extensions, and Yith extensions are great IMO

Astrochologistdotcom, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  15. ramblinman

ramblinman Member

Best Answers:
    An ecommerce site set up can be reasonably easy, get a decent hosting account, good domain name and then install wordpress and get a store plugin such as Woo Commerce, or even get a dedicated shop application like Prestashop, bit un-intuitive in parts, but you can be up and running with your store in under half an hour, most host accounts have ecommerce platforms you will be able to install. Then build up from there. Just remember to also buy a decent checkout application, or in fact get a free one such as Paypal

ramblinman, Aug 1, 2016 IP