1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello - Happy to be on Digital Forums (Finally !!)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ahmedwaqas92, Mar 20, 2016.

It took me a a good two months to actually get this introduction's thread up and running and the time when I conjured up enough courage to go ahead with it; I saw myself blinking into the (Massive) white and greenish menu tinge color background of Digital Point Forums for at least a good thirty minutes. Then it came and the fingers started moving all of a sudden - two lines into it I increased my typing and here we are five and a half lines into the first paragraph :) .

Having said the above, I won't delay the introduction much longer and would like to introduce myself as a casual lurker on Digital Point Forums. I found this platform, quite recently I must say, via Google - yeah tell me about it (facepalm) but after an initial visit or two I decided to join and see where it leads me in the days to come.

I am originally of East Indian ethnicity with my family (on both sides of my parents) hailing from Pakistan and in addition I too also belong to the said nationality. My name is Waqas Ahmed and I'll probably be the most easy going guy you'll ever meet or be friends with; or so I hope so. I am a devout Muslim (discount terrorist) and almost 24 years old - going to be the latter on 20th May 2016.

At this very moment I am residing in Malaysia, Johor Bahru to be specific and have been living in this country for a little more than 2 years. It's been an Okish experience for me in these couple of years; as I came in search of greener pastures but seeing the outside world for the first time I think that there is more to opportunities than where I am right now.

Nevertheless I am planning on expanding my horizons as I see fit - where DPF fits into this is a discussion for another time and day but I am hoping my experiences here changes me for the better and I get to learn things that help me with my most inquisitive journey call - life.

I am not that big on academics at the moment, I am an A level's graduate right now while I am pursuing ACCA here in Malaysia but I sincerely hope that within this coming year I would successfully do justice to my education and get noteworthy academic repute that I am currently pursuing.

I hope you guys enjoyed my little introduction, please shoot me PMs if you wanna know more about me or just wanna say hi :D

P.S. Ohh I almost forgot; I am a cricket (the sport I mean) crazy individual and an avid fan and follower of the Pakistan Cricket Team. I am planning on dedicating performance based metric analysis to help our dumb selectors pick the right XI; which they usually get wrong more often than not. :( :(

Hoping to make lots of new friends on DPF
    Thank You for Reading

@ahmedwaqas92

ahmedwaqas92, Mar 20, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Very good intro, in fact one of the best I've ever read here. I'm going to do something I rarely do on Introductions, namely give you a like for your effort.
    A word to the wise though, you ought to delete your date of birth. Not good to give out your name along with d.o.b online.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  3. fzero17

fzero17 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the community!

fzero17, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  4. Overfreeze

Overfreeze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome ahmedwaqas92.

I liked your introduction, it's well-written and sincere.

I've used to watch cricket - great game. :)
    See you around

Overfreeze, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  5. ahmedwaqas92

ahmedwaqas92 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for bestowing me with my first like :D - much appreciated. I second that writing my full DOB was quite the, heat of the moment thingy, but now when I am trying to edit the latter it's only showing me with the BUMP option for the post :confused: . How do I make this go away, any suggestions ? maybe tagging the @moderators could help right. MODs if you're reading this then can I get some assistance on removing some details of line 8 post # 1.

Thanks

Thanks Mate, Happy to be around !!!

Thank you for the nice complements; I hope my contributions to the community would benefit DPers in general and at the same time make me learn a few new things as well.
    You say you used to watch cricket :confused: have you stopped watching it lately ?? What happened - Comeback Please :D it's a gem of a game and your addition to the fan base would certainly make us much richer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
  6. Sonya M

Sonya M Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Welcome to the DP forum, ahmedwaqas92. Nice introduction!

Sonya M, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  7. ahmedwaqas92

Best Answers:
    Thank You @Sonya M - Happy to be here :)

8. nazinno

nazinno Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good intro bro !!
    I am from India. Good to know about you !!
    Hope we can be in touch... !!

nazinno, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  9. ahmedwaqas92

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mate,

Your kind compliment is much appreciated; absolutely thrilled to be a part of this community and always good to interact with Paroseas in general.
    My roots come from India as well (Pre-Partition of course) as my grand parents were from Kolkata and Kashmir / Delhi. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Regards

ahmedwaqas92, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  10. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see you on this platform but keep in mind here we don't look at religion or cast what we look here is what skill do you have .

One thing I need to tell you that you are lucky & joined a platform where you can show what quality do you have .

Furquan Ahmed, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  11. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    welcome furqan to digital point forum, best of luck.

mohsin qureshi, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  12. ahmedwaqas92

Best Answers:
    Mate, I wasn't being specific about religion or cast when I said I was a devout Muslim - my goal was to refrain from ingenuity and therefore I proceeded to make public of who I was. If in any means it has offended you then; you have my sincere apologies.

I am indeed lucky that I've had the privilege to join this vibrant community; at this very moment I am not quite sure what exactly is that I bring to the table but I hope people here would see me for my talents as they are. Nothing would be more satisfying than to collaborate with senior DPers.

ahmedwaqas92, Mar 23, 2016 IP