1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to recover traffic and position in Google? Or, are you given a penalty?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Forsh, Mar 19, 2016.

My traffic was literally (and depressingly) cut by %75 due to all of the website downtime I had been experiencing using Nameheap as my webhost. My website was in a constant state of error 500's for probably 1-2 weeks. I have since moved to Siteground, which is so much better, and they worked with me on dialing back a few RSS functions to make sure that I did not over-extend on resource use, but the errors are gone for the foreseeable future. However, Google has a very tiny drop of my pages indexed and my traffic is still down by the %75. All of this server move happened within the past week.

Does Google come back and re-crawl and at re-index after a period of time? (hopefully)

Forsh, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  2. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It can take from 1 week to few months, patient is key, you can make use of cloudflare to avoid any down times and decrease the load of your site.

wissam, Mar 19, 2016 IP
    Forsh likes this.
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    not necessarily, some may come back, all may come back,
    rankings could be better, or could be worse, with google you
    just never know, as google is unpredictable....

Google may not trust that your site is reliable enough to remain online
    thus not giving back everything you have lost, however, that does not mean
    give up, just keep trying and working your way forward and prove to google that
    your site is reliable enough to get your rankings back to where they used to be....

your indexing will ultimately return, however, just because they are reindexed,
    that does not mean the ranking for those urls will come back the same.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    dscurlock, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  4. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dang, I should think after all of this hosting should be a first consideration of SEO.... :(

Forsh, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep working at your site, adding content, etc. No one can give an exact time frame but hopefully you'll recover at least some of the traffic soon.

danasurvey, Mar 20, 2016 IP