1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

User Created Facebook Follow Button

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by Steve McKinley, Mar 14, 2016.

I am creating an online directory for non profits. The directory listings will be entirely user created. I want users to have the ability to add a Facebook Follow button to their listing so that people browsing the directory can click to follow them. How do I make this simple for people creating their listings? My first thought is to have them go and fetch the code for the follow button and then paste it into a text box similar to what is done here on Digital Point (I think). But that can be messy, because then I have to validate a bunch of user entered code, and if the Facebook follow button code changes, as it will likely do periodically, then the validation will break. Is there a cleaner way to do this? I'm thinking of having users be able to log into the site with their Facebook accounts. Can I grab the code for the Follow button on the back-end somehow without exposing all of the code to the user?

Steve McKinley, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  2. Steve McKinley

Steve McKinley Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I've figured out the best approach. I can use the code available here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/follow-button, and simply have users enter their Facebook URL. Then I only have to validate a URL. And if it's not a valid Facebook URL, the follow button won't display on the webpage.

Steve McKinley, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  3. 123johnsbohan

123johnsbohan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Open a Web program and sign into your Facebook account. Click your name alongside your Wall picture. In the URL, your remarkable distinguishing proof number displays.Then Copy the ID from the URL. After you duplicate the ID, right-tap the Web page you need to alter. Click "Open With." Click the HTML editorial manager in the menu to stack the code.Scroll down the page to where you need to put the Facebook catch.

123johnsbohan, Oct 3, 2016 IP