1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ringtone conversions on the fritz again

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by pcarlow, Dec 14, 2006.

Man, this is so unstable. I took a huge hit on a tracking problem from azoogle last month and now it seems to be happening again. Same traffic, same sources, same ads, and conversions dropping like a rock almost overnight, anyone else experiencing this today and yesterday?

pcarlow, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  2. dealasite

dealasite Guest

Best Answers:
    Conversions were lower than normal for me too, but across several CPA's, not just Azoogle. So, hopefully it was just a bad day for you (and me too), and today will be better. I checked my stats today and they're already looking good.

dealasite, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  3. hemanmaximus

hemanmaximus Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here...

hemanmaximus, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  4. tstaut

tstaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, not for ringtones though.

tstaut, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  5. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    today is looking MUCH better. what could of caused that...?

pcarlow, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  6. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what's it about, but with 911 clicks I got a whooping 2 leads with $0.77 revenue.

I might go back to cpaempire, at least there I did better.

N_F_S, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  7. EduardoM3

EduardoM3 Guest

Best Answers:
    We are in the same boat, same traffic, same ads, conversions dropped by around 70%. Although I am not sure that this is Azoogles fault, it could very well simply be the mobile industry. If one of the major carriers has a delay sending SMS messages etc, it can really throw things out of whack. Out of curiosity, what conversion % is everyone seeing right now?

EduardoM3, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  8. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt the problem is Azoogle. Dig into your stats and see what you can find. Conversion tracking is probably the least likely place a problem will be.

SonicReducer, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  9. capitalistpig

capitalistpig Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen ringtone conversions drop with other networks too, so it's not just azoogle.

capitalistpig, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  10. dreamedia

dreamedia Peon

Best Answers:
    it could be the cookie monster.

Zango & a few other spyware companies can overwrite affiliate cookies from azoogle & other affiliate networks.

dreamedia, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  11. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:

??:eek: that's nice isn't it? Why not someone sues them.

N_F_S, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  12. AlexAzoogle

AlexAzoogle Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

We did notice that conversions were lower and are investigating. Azoogle was tracking just fine, looks like one of the regular "bumps" in the mobile industry.

"it could be the cookie monster.

As for:

Zango & a few other spyware companies can overwrite affiliate cookies from azoogle & other affiliate networks."

The only reason they'd have to overwrite cookies is if they were going to get paid commissions for those customers. Since we're not working with Zango/Other spyware companies, and the majority of our ringtone campaigns are both exclusive to Azoogle and HOSTED by Azoogle, there'd be no reason for them to do this, since there is no way they would get paid if the user signed up after the cookie was "overwritten." This isnt the problem.

Cheers.
    Alex

AlexAzoogle, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  13. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not just ringtones. It's CPA in general. Most of my websites are getting lower traffic then normal. It's the holidays, the buzz, and people just being away from their computers.

Ferrarislave, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  14. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everything picked back up nicely on the 17th and 18th but today is shaping up to be another dissapointment. I can handle the off day now and then but it sure is discouraging to see such wide swings for what appears to be no real reason.

Alex, thanks to your response to this thread. Sometimes just an acknowledgement goes along way.

pcarlow, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  15. capitalistpig

capitalistpig Peon

Best Answers:
    The mobile sidwalk offer has crashed and burned for me. Strange because it performed so well for me until the networks started going back and forth with cpa increases.

My theory is that most affiliates gravitate to the offer that pays the most, so either the vistors see the same landing page over and over and just ignores it, or the visitor enters their number and the chances of the lead being a duplicate increase.

Anyways, that's my theory. :D

capitalistpig, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  16. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    that's a pretty good theory, also new affiliates who decide to "give ringtones a try" might also have a big effect on conversions, especially if they come in waves after someone makes a post after how much they've made on ringtones that month. it's easy to forget about all the outside influences outside of your control that may effect conversions.

here's hoping for some long term stability.

pcarlow, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  17. BusinessEmpire

BusinessEmpire Peon

Best Answers:
    capitalistpig, I was promoting Mobile Sidewalk, but no one wants to sign up anymore.

I a am bit confused. Maybe it's the holidays. Hundreds of clicks only 1 sign up. Lost money.

BusinessEmpire, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  18. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea mobilesidewalk has been sketchy lately i only have a choice few of my offers pointing to it.

xboxundone, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  19. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very true. Thats why I urge people to keep there fucking mouths shut about how much they make and how much this and that makes and whats hot. Do what you do, make alot, and be happy.

This decrease is most likely due to the very old landing pages most offers currently have. These landing pages have been around since the middle of Jan 2006.

Ferrarislave, Dec 20, 2006 IP