1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone make and sell HTML and Wordpress themes>

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by jason97673, Mar 10, 2016.

Hi thanks for reading my posts. I am an intermediate developer mainly concentrating on the business aspect of web design but my question for here is this:

Does anyone create and sell themes through themeforest.net or anywhere else for that matter?

I'm asking this just because I think the themes they have are so complex and advanced that I can't even imagine how long they take to develop. But I can only imagine how much money they generate over the years.

I used to think they are probably all coded from scratch and then I started coming across frameworks etc. I know all about bootstrap and what not. But all these themes have the same "features" tabs, accordions, sliders, tours, timelines and everything under the same. So do you guys actually create those features yourself or use pre defined frameworks like dcodes.net which I recently found then touch them up with your own css?

I am capable of manipulating php code like copying a snippet online then manipulate it to do what I need but don't have the skill to write it from scratch.

Also do you guys create your themes by yourself? Or A team? What other frameworks are there to use. I know about zend, code igniter etc. But I mean more like dcodes.net where they have everything right there for you, just change the css and insert it into your code.

Thanks!

jason97673, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  2. oliverusselldev

oliverusselldev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have collaborated with few developers in creating a UI design for few themes for selling on Themeforest. As far as I know, it doesn't matter if you are using frameworks or libraries, though your design should be unique, i.e. not a remake of another theme. Most important thing to consider in Themeforest is, in my opinion, documentation. The documentation of the theme you created must be easy and simple so anyone with basic html and css knowledge can implement the website in their CMS. In you documentation you will have to mention what frameworks or libraries you used. Few more things to consider is support and updates. You will have to provide support for your theme for a few months and when there are new technologies available, you will need to release updated version of your theme. For example, when Bootstrap 4 comes out many theme designer will have to update their themes with Bootstrap 4.

oliverusselldev, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  3. Quadropus

Quadropus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Most of the themes are using frameworks. Themes are very lucrative, but only a small percent sell anything. Making a good theme doesn't just mean good design, but also providing awesome support which is a huge undertaking. Visit theme forest and sort by most popular to see what kind of theme products are successful.

Quadropus, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  4. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had created a landing page template for real estate How can i sell it on themeforest? What quality they want to be. Can i Include non purchased image and give reference to the copyright owners?

Anusha55, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  5. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if the image is included in demo content for theme demonstration, you can do this, because most probably, end users will not use that demo content.

But if you are using the images as icons, section backgrounds or in some place which will most probably be used by the end users again in their websites, then don't include copyrighted images. Because, even if you reference copyright owners, this does not mean you have the permission to distribute those images to other users so they can use them on their websites.

momi, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  6. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @momi

I just want to include the image for demo purpose and will not distribute it with the code sold to customers. I will use to show how actual the landing page will work out. Also I will remove the image with the code and replace the image with image mentioning the size of image.

Do we need any extra thing to become author at Theme forest?

Anusha55, Mar 16, 2016 IP