1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For IM newbies: Be careful when buying IM courses...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wickedpork, Mar 13, 2016.

found this, FYI:

http://myinternetmagic.blogspot.sg/2016/01/chris-blair-and-phil-kyprianous.html

a lot of free courses online, on youtube and udemy so you can actually grab more value there..

wickedpork, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  2. andyle

andyle Member

Best Answers:
    i always wondering about choising the course to learn on the internet
    because i don't know which course is the best, it is very complicate

andyle, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  3. wickedpork

wickedpork Member

Best Answers:
    Before buying any online course, be sure to do the following:

1. Do a Google / Yahoo search of the course instructor or course company - to see if there are any bad reviews or feedback. Use all search terms possible, such as 'xxx scam', 'xxx course', 'xxx internet scam'. No information does not mean that he has no bad feedback, it could maybe mean that he has paid people to remove them.
    2. If there are any relevant forums, check and ask around about the credibility of the course instructor. Nowadays, there are many pseudo-experts out there all wanting a piece of the pie.
    3. Check if the course you have is also online free, most likely it will be. [On Youtube or Udemy].
    4. Check how many other courses the course instructor has - the more he has, likely he is in this for the long term.
    5. Check how long this course instructor has been in operation. The longer, the better.
    6. Check if he has an official website that is done professionally. If he has just a one-page sales page, beware (The 'scam' in the link above is one example - I see that there is no official website of the course instructor, just a one-page sales page. He probably didn't have the capacity to follow up with the content of his course, or just want to suck more $$ out of customers for upgrades - this is not ethical).
    7. Check whether this instructor also has a full time job - if so, likely he is only doing the course part-time, and not that successful (yet).
    8. Check that the sales page of the course instructor looks credible, and that he also have some credible social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
    9. Email him about the course, and see how long u get a response. If it takes more than 10 days, likely you will also get that kind of support after you buy his course.
    10. Check any testimonials online that he has - real ones. You can likely tell real ones from fake ones from the languages. Scripted ones all move in the same direction.

That's what I know from personal experience and from my IM friends. Feel free to contribute. Thanks.

wickedpork, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I got certified from searchenginecollege.com when I first got serious about SEO.

It definitely had value, although honestly there isn't anything you'll learn that you wouldn't get from trial/error and following good SEO blogs/websites.

Nothing replaces experience in this game.

dcristo, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  5. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah there are many scams out there but also good products too. Just make sure you do some thorough research

kb24, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  6. Certified

Certified Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advice, I've never felt the need to buy a course, you just need Google, Webmaster forums, and common sense, willingness to learn!

Certified, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  7. Diego Herrera

Diego Herrera Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well in my own experience I can tell you that you can definitely find free and paid garbage and free and paid awesome courses.

So yes, you will need to do your due diligence. I always suggest to go for the free courses first so people can get their feet wet and then when they already have some knowledge they can make a better informed decision when it comes to buying a course.

You can also get some golden nuggets here https://yesyoucanmakeitonline.com/how-to-make-money-online-discover-the-truth/

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Diego Herrera, Mar 14, 2016 IP