1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Python, Java or C# Which one ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by deniz demirel, Feb 28, 2016.

I want to work programming.I'm student(comp. eng.) but school not enough for programming.I decide to select one language and be expert, but i have no idea which i use..

Java is the most popular language but actually i hate it.
    I like c# but limited job opportunities in my country.
    About python i have no idea..

Whats your suggestions ?
    I know basic programming.(algorithm)

deniz demirel, Feb 28, 2016 IP
  2. Neos07

Neos07 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I better prefer C# or Visual Basic .NET.

Neos07, Mar 9, 2016 IP
  3. Overfreeze

Overfreeze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello deniz demirel,

Since you already know basic programming, you should also know that different programming languages are better suited depending on your needs.

So in order for other programmers to help you pick one, you should specify what you wish to accomplish or what are your needs.

Cheers.

Overfreeze, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would select Java. Mainly because I can develop software for the desktop, android smartphone, and even web based apps. It has a huge community and it's a mature language.

NetStar, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  5. HeAdCnA

HeAdCnA Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't use Java, it's terrible. I really don't know c# well. I've always used Python programming language. If you need any tips just let me know;)

HeAdCnA, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  6. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    My preference is C# and I am really surprised to hear that you have a limited number of job offers in your country for that. C# jobs seem to be everywhere where I was, always for really good salaries.

O-D-T, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  7. botsky

botsky Peon

Best Answers:
    Java is the most popular

botsky, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  8. PSYCHO93

PSYCHO93 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    am a beginner too
    many people advised me to start with paython

PSYCHO93, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  9. drestauro

drestauro Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to master a language I'd actually go with Javascript. With the emergence of NodeJS it can be used on both the client and the server. Learn a little SQL, HTML, and CSS and you have a fast track to being a Full Stack NodeJS developer. That's if you are interested in Web. While Java and C# are stable, there are a lot of people that know those languages. That makes it harder to set yourself apart. Javascript has really come into it's own in the past 5 years and it's become a pretty powerful technology.
    Now Node.JS has a specific utility. It's the single best technology for applications that need to support an extremely high number of connections with high throughput. You want to use it for applications that you need to be scalable to nearly unknown proportions.

However, if you are looking to go into more CPU intensive programming then Node.JS isn't going to shine. In fact it's the last thing you would want to use it for. In this case I'd go with an old faithful, C++. It's the Latin of object oriented languages and you can do almost anything with it when it comes to a compiled application. I feel if you can master C++, you can pretty much master any language.

drestauro, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  10. winas_ben

winas_ben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a beginner I recommend you starting with Python.

winas_ben, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would respond to that question with another -- what do you plan on doing with it? Each of the languages listed has it's own shortcomings and strengths.

C# is great for making windows apps, but on other platforms you are rolling the dice on whether or not Mono will support everything you've done in your program.

Java works anywhere that has a JVM -- and is the weapon of choice for making Android applets; but desktop users will tell you to go plow yourself, as will Apple. (as in the company -- literally telling you to sod off!)

Python requires a runtime that few Windows users will put up with having installed so you have to sneak it into your installer -- making your distribution a bit hefty... BUT is great in a *nix environment where many other things already depend on it being present. Personally I hate it as programming languages go as it is too many steps backwards -- I'd sooner deal with spaghetti code sleazed together in line numbered BASIC than deal with python. People call it easier, and much like PHP frameworks, HTML/CSS frameworks, and dicking around in photoshop and calling it "design" I just flat out don't get where that even comes from. If anything, it's a poster child for false simplicity. It is the LAST language I'd suggest for a beginner because it flat out just doesn't work like more mainstream languages like C. Much like Ruby or Prolog, I just don't get the appeal. (but then I've been programming for close to four decades, I still call K&R new kid BS)

While you can theoretically use any of the above to do the job of any of them, it's really more a question of the right tool for the right job. Sure, you can drive a screw with a hammer (or as Uncle Red calls it, a flathead screwdriver) but that doesn't mean it will actually hold anything together.

deathshadow, Mar 26, 2016 IP