1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What not to do while building Links !!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mrb1129, Mar 11, 2016.

This post was published originally in our forum. I just wanted to share it with the members of this forum also so I am sharing a short version here.

"This question I am hearing from many website owners that 'What not to do while building a Link'. Often site admins left with spamming their own link base while trying to build links aggressively. So getting to the point here are some points that I want to point out for them.

1. Building Links through Blog commenting

Believe it or not. Commenting on other blogs try to get a link for you site is not going to get you ranked. Most of the people think that links from comments are useful but they are actually not. Most of the blogs give you a no-follow link and the ones which gives do-follow they are basically of zero value.

I am not saying that you should not comment on blogs but I am saying this just don't do it for links. If you like some article and you think that you can add some value in it then comment. Put your site's url in the website section along with your full name. If the visitors of the host blog like what you added then probably you will get some referral traffic.

2. Building Links through Forum Posting

Forum or online communities are strictly for gathering and sharing information. They are not for building links. They are just like blog commenting most forums provide no-follow links and the ones which does give do-follow they don't' have any link juice.

Forum Marketing can be done. Share information with the members, add useful information, help them. You can build a solid trust in your community and make your brand glaze like a diamond. They can send you a ton of traffic if you play it well.

3. Getting Links from irrelevant niche

Trying to build links aggressively is not a bad thing but it must be done right. Getting links from every niche that you can get is not going to get you ranked. They will provide no value to your link base. And even worse they can get you red flagged in the eyes of search engines. In this age of Google Penguin Algorithm if once your ranks fell then it may take months to get you rank back. It may also occur that you never get your rank back.

4. Irrelevant Anchor texts

Everybody is trying to get textual links now. Putting an anchor text which is not at all relevant to the surrounding content or page is not going to work at all. You must put an anchor text which is similar or relevant to the hosting page. You may get some referral traffic but it will provide no link juice. And also not to mention search engines are not going to like it at all.

5. Anchor text ok but the linking page is not

You must keep this always in mind that your anchor text may be relevant to the hosting page but this is not the entire scenario. The page which you are linking to also have to be relevant to the hosting page and anchor text both. Otherwise, the search engines are going to see this as you are trying to manipulate their SERP's."

I hope that it helps everybody. Feel free to correct me or add some information anytime.

mrb1129, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  2. sinelogixseo

sinelogixseo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for Sharing Knowledge about Building Back links i really need it and i will surely follow it.

sinelogixseo, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Happy to help.

mrb1129, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why the bold text?

Additionally, even if the blog comment links are do follow, many blog owners will do this just to encourage comments, and then revert back to no follow.

dcristo, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  5. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on this. Site owners do this to show the visitors that they have pretty good engagement with the audience to lure them to subscribe to their blogs or bookmark them.

mrb1129, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  6. Shorabshanto

Shorabshanto Member

Best Answers:
    too much informative.

Shorabshanto, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  7. Irene Marshall

Irene Marshall Member

Best Answers:
    Well there is some sense in writing good articles for some blogowners in exchange for do-follows, right?

Irene Marshall, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  8. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    It is very important that you create interesting content that could help increase the value of your campaign first and foremost.

Dario McNut, Mar 15, 2016 IP