1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Developing a Good Blog Strategy

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Noitartst, Mar 8, 2016.

I've been working on my new blog, noitartst.com, but have stalled on it, of late; I have been trying to follow Lynn Terry's www.clicknewz.com/ forum and counsel, but I don't think it's for me. Instead, I think I should follow boostblogtraffic.com's model for site development, and it is more trial-and-error, build it, and they will come.

Even better, I could use someone that just focuses on site development, whereas I focus on the content. I can SEO, but don't expect me to be effective on doing everything, but writing.

For now, I'm thinking of a model of long articles, or a certain amount of words per week, a focus on relevant forums, social media, and SEO. Oh, and a business partner, to focus on commercializing my content, even as I focus on making it.

I can make quality articles on any number of topics, but I fear I'l drown being spread too far. I need to find a business partner willing to invest the necessary time to capitalize on my abiliites, and I'm seeking help making a pitch. I've made it too much about me in the past, and am trying to avoit that mistake, in future pitches.

It should be fun working with someone, but I'm trying to do it, right.

Here's an ad, I put on Craigslist:

Hello. My name is Philip Carpenter, and I am seeking an agent/business partner for myself, as I proceed to market myself as a freelance writer/journalist.

Looking back so far over thirty-seven years, I have come, dare I say, to realize what I am very good at.

To wit, I'm smart, very smart, and good writer, want to be doing this as a career. I love to read, and even more, to share my thoughts, and ideas, with others.

And even better, given that's pretty much all I want to do, I'd really like to get paid for it.

Trouble is, still looking back over my thirty-seven years, I happen to be sufficiently self-aware of a key weakness.

Simply put, I do not like to market myself. Or, I'm simply not good at it.

Or, I'm a little bit crazy--but let's not go there, shall we?

Oh, I do not mind banging out articles, long articles, or editing them, but I do mind the hassle of self-promotion. I don't like it, am not comfortable with it, and I probably never will.

Maybe it's my inflexible Aspergers, maybe it's my in-born stubbornness, maybe...I don't know. I just know that after thirty-seven years of living, I do not seem to be a good freelance journalist, even if I possess more than my share of ability.

My friend, that's where you come in.

Like me you're ambitious, driven, but blessed with ability to ask for things...and make them want to give it to you. I could you. You do the work of finding paying publishers, and I'll write to them the work that pays.

A symbiotic blending of abilities, really; I'm a content provider, but I need a middle man for my talents, as you can see, at noitartst.com; it's basically a clearinghouse for things I've written, but it's also a nice resume, of sorts, for my chops. I have a channel on YouTube, as well--for good measure.

I'll be famous, one day, and per your role, you'll get a cut.

Specifically, you need to be people-savvy, but also, tech-savvy, computer savvy. I have been developing my own skills, already, and will be doing more, but if nothing else, we could just make money via blog traffic: Developing traffic would fall under your domain, whereas content, as ever, is mine.

Exact percentages can be negotiated but keep in mind: You are not simply doing this for profit, but also to help compensate someone over something he has otherwise struggled with. For me, it it is to but make an impact within the greater world.

Beyond this, I have a whole mess of book, and musical, ideas for us to work on. But for now, however, let's simply focus on accruing name, and some short-term dough. I can do product reviews, show reviews, and book reviews. I can do social commentary, political commentary, and even satire. I can do personal. I can do witty. I persuade, or I can just give an opinion.
    In short, I can do it all.

But be forewarned: I have an odd brand of politics, and will say but odder things. I'm not the most partisan of pundits, but my socio-cultural views do indeed steer right. If you can't handle it, don't say I didn't warn yas.

Once again--my site: noitartst.com

Sincerely, Philip Brock Carpenter

Not the best, is it? Let's try again, shall we...?

If you are someone good at marketing, let's work together--I could use you.

If you like working with talented, intelligent people, good conversations and greater camaraderie, we should talk. Good marketing, like good writing, is all about sharing, and together, we have something to contribute.

I love to write, but if I had greater, more relevant audience, I'd love it even more. Like Mike Mulligan, I tend to work a little faster, and a little better with a crowd watching, and that's your strong suit. You enjoy helping people--particularly talented ones--reach their full potential, and that's where we share common ground.

I love to make people think--be challenged--have their worldview stretched, but such joys are not for all, and I intend to reach that rarefied few. I say we do so together, and have a blast, doing so.

Beyond this, I have a whole mess of book, and musical, ideas for us to work on. I can do product reviews, show reviews, and book reviews. I can do social commentary, political commentary, and even satire. I can do personal. I can do witty. I persuade, or I can just give an opinion.
    In short, I can do a lot--just try me.

But simply put you develop the website, you promote the site, the content, find paying gigs. Me, I write said content--unga, bunga.

Briefer, punchier,more empathetic, more you focused, less me focused.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Noitartst, Mar 8, 2016 IP
  2. sam2oke

sam2oke Active Member

Best Answers:
    very interesting...
    why don't you hire a freelancer?
    may i know your niche or writing filed?

sam2oke, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  3. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay; I forgot to link to my blog, didn't I? I'm specifically into writing on current events, especially ones related to American military intervention, but also am interested in writing a wide swath of fiction.

Okay--let's give the ad a redo:

If you are someone good at marketing, let's work together--I could use you NOW.

If you like working with talented, intelligent people, good conversations and greater camaraderie, we should talk. I you like what you see on my blog at noitartst.com we need to talk even quicker. Good marketing, like good writing, is all about sharing, and together, we have an excellent something to contribute.

I love to write, but if I had greater, more relevant audience, I'd love it even more. Like Mike Mulligan, I tend to work a little faster, and a little better with a crowd watching, and that's your strong suit--price label rights, site development, ads, & promotion--all your domain. You enjoy helping people--particularly talented ones--reach their full potential, and that's where we share common ground.

I love to make people think--be challenged--have their worldview stretched, but such joys are not for all, and I intend to reach that rarefied few. I say we do so together, and have a blast, doing so.

Beyond this, I have a whole mess of book, and musical, ideas for us to work on. I can do product reviews, show reviews, and book reviews. I can do social commentary, political commentary, and even satire. I can do personal. I can do witty. I persuade, or I can just give an opinion.
    In short, I can do a lot-- be it in an ebook setting, or otherwise--just try me, friend.

But simply put, you develop the website, you promote the site, the content, find paying gigs. Me, I write said content--unga, bunga.

Does that answer your question, friend? How can I further develop this ad?

Noitartst, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  4. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, here's another ad, aimed at another constituency:
    Howdy--I'm trying to find an agent/business partner for me, a writer, and was seeking input for the following ad, making it about my target partner's needs and interest, not mine.

Okay—here's the ad to date:

If you are someone good at marketing, let's work together--I could use you NOW.

If you like working with talented, intelligent people, good conversations and greater camaraderie, we should talk. I you like what you see on my blog at noitartst.com we need to talk even quicker. If you love my work on my musical...hurry to me now, friend. Good marketing, like good writing, is all about sharing, and together, we have an excellentsomething to contribute.

I love to write, but if I had greater, more relevant audience, I'd love it even more. Like Mike Mulligan, I tend to work a little faster, and a little better with a crowd watching, and that's your strong suit--price label rights, site development, ads, & promotion--all your domain. You enjoy helping people--particularly talented ones--reach their full potential, and that's where we share common ground.

In short, I can do a lot-- be it in an ebook setting, or otherwise--just try me, friend.

But simply put, you develop the website, you promote the site, the content, find paying gigs. Me, I write said content--unga, bunga.

Does that answer all relevant questions? What type of folks would be willing, and able to help me?

I'm thinking of ads on Craigslist (which part, I'm deliberating, on) and various other sites, and forums, but first I'm seeking to develop a winning ad. Hey, I could even do an SEO-ed ad on YouTube.

I'm also thinking life coaches, maybe social workers, even, and I'll need to tailor this ad to them.

…....................................................................................................................................................

Okay. You like to help people with mental disabilities, but it gets a little boring after a while—doesn't it? Well, I'm not boring, I can assure. I'm one smart-as-a-whip Aspie, as I think both my blog and musical will swiftly show, and for whatever happens, you won't suffer for boredom.

Simply put, I'm a challenge, and if you like a challenge, then I'm for you. If not, please don't bother either of us. I'm hungry for success with an S, and if you are too, that's good.

If you don't like helping folks whose only upside is to attain 1st grade education—or below—and are seeking someone with real upside—that would be me. As is, my mother, a lifelong elementary school teacher, would come home from hard day with grade schoolers, and enjoy talking to me, given she was tried of talking to the brain dead. I'm anything but, and if you wish to help enable someone like that, as opposed to constantly cleaning up drool...need I say more?

If you're into writing science, the arts—bully for you—I love them all, and would love to espouse on such topics all day. If you wish to make a profit off that friend—setup some webinars/seminars, and lets just see if I'm as interesting as I think I am

What you are doing, friend, is simply facilitating the strengths that I already posses, namely writing, thinking, analysis, and oh yes, creativity. My kind of lifestyle is to study a little, write a little, and play a little—and get funded for what I love doing—just as described.

I write, you promote; I'm interested in a lot of things, including marketing, but doing so just isn't as interesting, and it diverts from what I really want to do in life, so that's where you come in. Focus on your strengths, and ignore your weaknesses—it's a key to Success, and I say we follow it.

Above all, I write with one intent. Simply put, I love to make people think--be challenged--have their worldview stretched, but such joys are not for all, and I intend to reach that rarefied few. Let us do so together, and have a blast.

SO...

Let's get started!!!

Noitartst, Mar 11, 2016 IP